Input Delay because of the XR 500 Gaming Router Help me Please.

Gamer

• Administrators

Input delay wouldn't usually be a networking issue - what is your ping to the server shown by the Geo-Filter, what does it show in game? Does it show packet loss?

Are you playing on PC or console?

What kind of screen are you playing on? Mouse/keyboard or controller?

-Ping Europe Server 5ms.

-i play fortnite on PC Mouse and Keyboard Mouse and Keyboard are on of the fastest in the world

-165 hz Gaming monitor 1ms response time and 3ms input delay.

my setup is all perfekt.

yes and i think the problem is solved when i create a static ip adress for my gaming pc but i forgot how can i do this.

when i connect my isp router insteat of the xr 500 there is no input delay but i know i can solve the problem with your help iam not a beginner and understand extremley fast.

• Administrators

Liam was referring to giving the XR a static IP address on the Draytek, not making a static route. Copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page then set a static/reserved IP address using the same one on the Draytek interface

Setting a Static IP for the PC means it won't need to renegotiate an IP address with the R2, this won't necessarily have a direct affect on your game but it's still good to do. 

Are you having any issues with your NAT type in Fortnite currently? If not, keep the settings as they are if they're working for you!

I am only 5 ms away from the server so the only problem that i have is

it feels in game spongie so there are definitly some settings that fix the problem in the xr 500 router.

1. I set Nat Filter to Open
  2. I use Qos
  3. I have no Ping Isues all is right at this point.
  4. i dont use anti bufferbloat because i have 250 mbts down 40 Upload
  5. but my game feels little spongie not direct you know ?
  6. I Have highend PC setup and i have no backround apps etc open and i update all drivers bios and graphic driver an iam not beginner i understand alot.
  7. What is Rip 1 is it worth activate it ?
  8. can i change my dns server numbers in my xr 500 router with perfect results or is it needed to change it in the draytek vigor or on my pc network adapter or is it enough change dns server in the xr 500 router ? like Google Dns: Primary : 8888 Second 8844. ?