ipv6 dns

FrankM530

• Administrators

Okay great we're getting somewhere, well done for figuring that out, we can pass that onto NG. With IPv6 you shouldn't actually need UPnP, forwarding/triggering, DMZ etc so I'd suggest disabling all of those options and seeing whether you get an open NAT. It's also possible the Geo-Filter is causing a misreading of the NAT.

well i have had it all disabled and i can never get open nat on bo4 console edition except when i myself open up the ports all i ever get with  everything off is moderate or strict in game any idea as to why? i tried taking the console foo geo filter turning off qos and have never been able to get open nat? is it possible bo4 doesn't support ipv6?

7 hours ago, franko530 said:

well i have had it all disabled and i can never get open nat on bo4 console edition except when i myself open up the ports all i ever get with  everything off is moderate or strict in game any idea as to why? i tried taking the console foo geo filter turning off qos and have never been able to get open nat? is it possible bo4 doesn't support ipv6?

So are you still seeing moderate/strict NAT with filtering mode disabled in Geo-filter for the device you're playing on?

yea sadly yes i tried all day yesterday  removed the device from geo filter and no luck never got open in game and on the xbox itself it show i have ipv6 yet it still shows moderate i have to retest the nat a couple times to get open on the console the game itself never get open tho unless i enable dmz or open up the 3075 port...

• Administrators

It is possible they don't support IPv6, all evidence seems to be pointing that way as it works for everything else. Do the port forwards so you can get open on that and IPv6 should work for anything else

so another thing that i have noticed idk if it matter so say i use a custom dns ipv6 breaks  ive noticed that when ipv6 breaks and i restart the router on the use custom dns section it shows the isp provided one but when i check a device like the xbox it still shows the custom ipv6 dns that i had set ? and when i go do a dns leak test it only detects the custom one.. and when i open the ports i feel like what you guys had said before is true they conflict and ipv6 ends up breaking i tried putting the console on dmz last night and woke up today and suprisingly ipv6 still hasn't broke except for what i mentioned above that in the custom section it show ipv6 but on the xbox it still shows the custom also on dns leak website....

• Administrators

Use Port Forwarding instead of the DMZ as that passes all traffic through to the Xbox so makes sense it would break it. Set the Custom DNS, apply it, reboot the router for the interface, that's like a way to hard save the settings, then see if it works properly after that

ok so i tried what you said so far so good still though after setting everything rebooting threw the interface..After the reboot its showing isp dns but doing a dns leak test it shows cloudflare which is the custom one i had set and thats all it shows xbox show the custom one also so im guessing its just a glitch? 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, franko530 said:

ok so i tried what you said so far so good still though after setting everything rebooting threw the interface..After the reboot its showing isp dns but doing a dns leak test it shows cloudflare which is the custom one i had set and thats all it shows xbox show the custom one also so im guessing its just a glitch? 

Great to hear! Yeah it must be an aesthetic issue but actually applying properly.