XR1000 software issues - freezing

LGC

On 5/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I would assume it happens more when you unplug and replug in the router is that right?

no, it happens doing through the router or unpluging from the outlet. right now I can't access my Ping HeatMap. I can't keep doing this every week, it is causing problems with my other devices/ applications connected on my wifi. 

Who i can contact or call so I can have this verified? 

ERROR MESSAGE: 

Screenshot_20210512-013756_Samsung Internet.jpg

23 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I can certainly understand your frustrations, could you please capture a log file from System information while the error is occuring and I will request that a developer looks into this?

Yes, here it is :

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The log is usually much longer than that, can you upload the whole thing? There is nothing referencing the issue there

i just did what the other guy asked. This is all the LOG i have on system information. I the option to download the log does not work. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you reboot recently, perhaps after the error occurred? 

No I didnt. I'm still unable to access Ping Heatmap. 

On 5/13/2021 at 7:10 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Apologies - I wasn't clear enough.

If you are still getting the error in Ping heatmap, could you please click the three-line menu next to 'Logs' and then click 'Download Log File', then upload it here.

Yes Im still having issues. 

Here it is 

log-1621218888777.txt

9 hours ago, LGC said:

Yes Im still having issues. 

Here it is 

log-1621218888777.txt 2.21 kB · 0 downloads

That again seems far too short to be a full log file. Could you please explain what you meant by the log download doesn't work?
Could you please confirm that you had gone to Ping Heatmap and reproduced the error before capturing the log file?

Have you tried a factory reset,? Make sure you have the latest firmware as patches age going out for the Frag vulnerability  then hold the recessed button on the back for 20-30 seconds, let the router reboot and set it up manually again, do not use a config save file. See how it goes after that. The XR1000 is a router that really needs factory resets after updates I'm afraid.

19 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That again seems far too short to be a full log file. Could you please explain what you meant by the log download doesn't work?
Could you please confirm that you had gone to Ping Heatmap and reproduced the error before capturing the log file?

That is all I have for the log. It did work by downloading this time. before it wasn't downloading. I don't do much with this router. I login, i check the ping heat map and I logout from router before closing the browser. It does work fine for 02/03 days after the reset.

Question, I just reinstalled the new firmware again ( the same I had already 1.0.0.52), the router confirmed it was the same verison and asked me to confirm if I wanted to install again. The process was successfully completed but I didnt have to setup again. Was just checking if the update done when I installed my router for the first time was ok or not. What I did makes any difference or should i go back one version and then go back to the last one? 

I'm just trying to figer it out..Again, i can't keep rebooting every week my router...

18 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Have you tried a factory reset,? Make sure you have the latest firmware as patches age going out for the Frag vulnerability  then hold the recessed button on the back for 20-30 seconds, let the router reboot and set it up manually again, do not use a config save file. See how it goes after that. The XR1000 is a router that really needs factory resets after updates I'm afraid.

I have tried 02 times already. I never had to do an update. Just did once when I purchased and setup for the first time.

7 hours ago, LGC said:

That is all I have for the log. It did work by downloading this time. before it wasn't downloading. I don't do much with this router. I login, i check the ping heat map and I logout from router before closing the browser. It does work fine for 02/03 days after the reset.

Question, I just reinstalled the new firmware again ( the same I had already 1.0.0.52), the router confirmed it was the same verison and asked me to confirm if I wanted to install again. The process was successfully completed but I didnt have to setup again. Was just checking if the update done when I installed my router for the first time was ok or not. What I did makes any difference or should i go back one version and then go back to the last one? 

I'm just trying to figer it out..Again, i can't keep rebooting every week my router...

I have tried 02 times already. I never had to do an update. Just did once when I purchased and setup for the first time.

Do you have any addblockers on your browser that are still on when you login to the XR1000?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, LGC said:

That's fine how you upgraded, you only go through the setup wizard again if the router has been reset, not just by upgrading. I've just noticed you've been accessing the interface on a tablet/mobile device - we haven't optimized the interface for these devices/browsers. If you stop accessing that way and use a PC does it happen less?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's fine how you upgraded, you only go through the setup wizard again if the router has been reset, not just by upgrading. I've just noticed you've been accessing the interface on a tablet/mobile device - we haven't optimized the interface for these devices/browsers. If you stop accessing that way and use a PC does it happen less?

It doesn't matter how I access. I always do from my pc or laptop. I have been answering to the forum and collecting the information needed from my tablet only. 

9 hours ago, LGC said:

It doesn't matter how I access. I always do from my pc or laptop. I have been answering to the forum and collecting the information needed from my tablet only. 

Did you factory reset after reinstalling the firmware? Otherwise there may still be some issues leftover if your previous installation of the firmware wasn't functioning properly.

Yes I did. And again,  I tried to access the Ping Heatmap and it is not working....it is so frustrating 

I appreciate your help but i'm contacting Netgear customer service, I already opened a ticket. I can't keep going the way it is. I didn't purchase this router to have to reset or factory reset every week. Tks 

7 hours ago, LGC said:

Yes I did. And again,  I tried to access the Ping Heatmap and it is not working....it is so frustrating 

I appreciate your help but i'm contacting Netgear customer service, I already opened a ticket. I can't keep going the way it is. I didn't purchase this router to have to reset or factory reset every week. Tks 

OK, I can understand why that's so frustrating. Let us know if you need anything else or would like to continue troubleshooting over here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I contact the Netgear customer support and was determined that I had a fault unit. I received last week my new router and has been working perfect. Even my wifi connection is better with the new router. However after almost 10 days working perfect, I had twice the same issue when trying to load the ping heatmap. I don't know what to say, i tried everything and couldn't make the rapp load only able when rebooting. Interesting, I was checking and I found this: that helps you?

300259570_Error02.thumb.jpg.86cdaeecb830c415d090d3b181b91802.jpg1233615482_Error01.thumb.jpg.b83c91e0d16881195c09338b208970da.jpg

Sorry to hear the issue has cropped up again, have you set the retries back to 5 in System information again?

You say it lasted about 10 days, did you make any recent configuration changes that you can remember? This may help us.

If you reboot the router, does it get rid of the error? Even just temporarily?

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear the issue has cropped up again, have you set the retries back to 5 in System information again?

You say it lasted about 10 days, did you make any recent configuration changes that you can remember? This may help us.

If you reboot the router, does it get rid of the error? Even just temporarily?

Yes, when I first setup the new router I did set up to 5, than it happened the issue and i returned to 03 an happened again.  

I did nothing unusual, i did no try to access from a Tablet or Mobile ( only my PC or Laptop). 

Yes, if I reboot the router it does work again. Now I'm on my second day (since i had the issue) and still works. Before it always happened after the 3rd day. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LGC said:

Yes, when I first setup the new router I did set up to 5, than it happened the issue and i returned to 03 an happened again.  

I did nothing unusual, i did no try to access from a Tablet or Mobile ( only my PC or Laptop). 

Yes, if I reboot the router it does work again. Now I'm on my second day (since i had the issue) and still works. Before it always happened after the 3rd day. 

Could you take a look at the System Information page and see what the CPU and RAM usage is like please?

On 6/10/2021 at 12:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you take a look at the System Information page and see what the CPU and RAM usage is like please?

Hello, Here it is: