CoD Warzone GeoFilter not working

Bcobz

I recently got the DumaR2 and have used the GeoFilter on west coast, midwest and South American servers. However its hasnt worked as well more then it has. I have better connection to a SA server with 200 ping with no packet bursts compared to a WC server with 17 ping but with packet burst and 2-14% packet loss. and i live in Southern California... 

My Set up is ISP modem which the Netduma router is plugged into. I haven't had a chance to have someone come out to direct connect my xbox to the router since i moved in so I'm on wifi. 

Problems I'm facing are:

• Sometimes my NAT goes from open to moderate in Warzone randomly but in my xbox setting it says its open.
    • I looked into my network settings and my Device ip are set to the correct CoDWZ ports 3074 and 3075.
      • Not sure what i need to do.
  • Sometimes the GeoFiltering just stops working Ex: "rapp took too long to load"(I can solve it by rebooting the duma).
    • I reboot the router through google chrome via Dumaos or unplug modem and router. I feel like when i set my filter it doesnt pick up the correct servers from the Ping heat map.
      • Am i doing something wrong?
  • When I GeoFil solo I can find a game in SA but when my friend joins it doesn't work(200+ ping but no packet loss/packet bursts) it plays better for us then a west coast which is really weird. if were filtering a west coast server we gets packet burst/loss . 
    • I live in Souther California and my friend i usually play with a friend in central California. we play west coast, mid west and tried SAmerican servers. sometimes they work sometimes they dont. I set up the filter before i start Warzone. auto ping host 1600mile radius 0 ping assist. 

Im sorry for the long list but ive been reading forums and trying different things and some times it works extremely well but most the time were waiting 20 minutes for a game. or we horrible connection on low ping servers. There is something im doing wrong but literally have no idea what im doing haha. 

Thank you,

Bryan

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Regarding NAT if you disable the Geo-Filter prior to booting up the game what does the NAT Type say?

On the System Information page in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot from the interface, that should help with the page not loading. What are your Geo-Filter settings?

If forcing a server that far away doesn't give you those symbols then it does indicate a potential server issue. Can you provide a screenshot of your Ping Heatmap results and the Geo-Filter settings you usually use in the US please?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Regarding NAT if you disable the Geo-Filter prior to booting up the game what does the NAT Type say?

On the System Information page in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot from the interface, that should help with the page not loading. What are your Geo-Filter settings?

If forcing a server that far away doesn't give you those symbols then it does indicate a potential server issue. Can you provide a screenshot of your Ping Heatmap results and the Geo-Filter settings you usually use in the US please?

Fraser! The Legand himself! 

Appreciate everything you do man I've seen a lot of forms over the last few weeks and you're the man. 

• I was able to get my in game NAT to Open by rebooting from the duma interface. 
  • Attached are my geo-filter settings 
  • Attached is the ping heatmap 

I have a Netgear Nighthawk r7000 but replaced it with the R2. I got the R2 because I saw that it prioritized packets and read  a lot of other good things. without filtering, I can tell it runs better then before the R2 but when I just need to understand it more to get the most out of it. 

Geo-filter_WestCoast.png

WZ_Ping_Heatmap_.png

So you're only seeing issues when playing with a friend, is that correct? 

Does an icon pop-up on Geo-filter when you're friend joins your lobby? You may need to manually allow them here.

Are you seeing that error consistently now or did it only pop up once after changing the settings in System information?

So most of the time we can play anywhere we want with zero issue. but sometimes i do the exact same steps on the setup and it doesn't work. Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong. 

sometimes there is a player icon in the set radius location sometimes there isn't. 

that was just literally right after I reset the retries and rebooted 

• Administrators

Thanks for the kind words!

I suspect that as it only occurs sometimes and with a friend that, filtering combined with the game trying to:

1. Find a server with two spots available
  2. Within that radius
  3. With similar 'SBMM Ranks'

may prove too difficult on occasion. On those occasions I would suggest maybe expanding the radius a bit and you should be able to get a game easier.

Did you only see the error on the dashboard or other pages as well? After clicking ok does it return?

yeah I think thats the issue with loading times for sure. 

I would only see that error when i reboot and then it would appear on the main dashboard but after clicking ok it didn't come back. I haven't seen it today. 

However when i geo-filter sometimes my friends cant join my lobby. the way I've been working around that is by. Setting geo-filter, opening game, searching for a game solo, then backing out when i connect to a game, then inviting them to my lobby. It seems to work the last few times we have done it. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Bcobz said:

yeah I think thats the issue with loading times for sure. 

I would only see that error when i reboot and then it would appear on the main dashboard but after clicking ok it didn't come back. I haven't seen it today. 

However when i geo-filter sometimes my friends cant join my lobby. the way I've been working around that is by. Setting geo-filter, opening game, searching for a game solo, then backing out when i connect to a game, then inviting them to my lobby. It seems to work the last few times we have done it. 

When you invite them to your lobby have a look on the map, an icon should appear, then if you add them to your allow list you should be able to connect to them with Filtering Mode enabled in future and won't need to do that process each time. You can see how to do it at the bottom of this guide (when it refers to Spectating Mode just toggle Filtering Mode off): http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter