Hi, 

I have the XR700 and BT Fibre to the property. My ping is IMMENCE.. i get a 15ms ping on Warzone which you may think BEAST! But WZ uses ping compensation and therefore sends me on shitter games and gives me a game delay. 'Apparently'

Im a beast at the game, but when i watch any 'pro' they always sit at a 30ms ping and thats EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.. none of them are lower than 30ms and timthetatman says you need 30ms or higher otherwise lag compensation kicks in and fucks you.

Is there a way to 'manipulate' your ping? Or to make your ping slower so i can trial this? The only way i can think of is pinging my geofilter far enough away to ensure a 30ms ping. My only issue with this, which is only minor is i love death coms, in UK servers death coms are funny and i can understand. Obv if i ping to say germany.. id be clueless at what there saying haha. 

Cheers

Someone has mentioned previously to try using WIFI on the PC. Not sure if this would help or make things worse. My router is only 2m away from the Gaming PC. Just my gaming pc dosent have wifi so would have to pay for a wifi card which obv if it then dosent work is a waste of money 

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

WiFi adds latency, there’s no getting out of that, even with WPA3 or 6E there always will be some latency involved. 

Do you think wifi would add too much latency or do you think wifi through the xr700 might maybe make my ping around the 30ms mark that i wanna test

It’s not about ping on WiFi, it’s how WIFI works and all the variables involved. Yes you can happily play on WiFi but there maybe small fluctuations due to how it works and what other devices are using the same channel. No clear answer when WiFi is involved.