Was working fine Until now

I am not able to get internet through router now. Got on my pc to play a game and all internet dropped. I tryed reseting it. Unplugging everything and pluggin everything bck in. Cannot get to interface to try to set up the connection again. Ive litterly had nothing problems after problems with the R2.realy wish this thing would cause this is a great router. If i remember correctly when i tryed to set a static Ip for the router is when my connection/internet dropped. Any help would be greatly apprectited. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where did you try to set a static IP exactly? Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try to access the interface and go through the wizard

I think i went to network settings then over to General (i think but not shure) then entered it in there im not 100% shure it was a new screne i had never saw lol. Everything was working correctly until i went an messed with things lol.. So should i shut everything down even the modem and retry the whole set up process again? 

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No need to shut down the modem but if you do the reset as above then go through the setup wizard everything should be fine after that

Ok sounds good ill try to get it going again when i get in from work. Thanks for Help Fraser. Ill post bck if i cannot get it working again.. 

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable the WiFi, save, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes, then access, enable the WiFi, save then reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes again - does WiFi appear?

I was able to get up & going again. I just altered the password on the R2 to beable to get to the set up screne. How excatly do i get an OPEN nat on Coldwar on Pc.. Sorry for all the question these devices are totaly beyond my knowledge lol... 

13 hours ago, Ghost-Inside said:

I was able to get up & going again. I just altered the password on the R2 to beable to get to the set up screne. How excatly do i get an OPEN nat on Coldwar on Pc.. Sorry for all the question these devices are totaly beyond my knowledge lol... 

Good work! 

What's your NAT type currently? I'd suggest connecting directly to your modem and and log in to it's interface. Then set a reserved IP for the R2 and then place this IP in the modem's DMZ. Reboot both the R2 and after a few minutes boot up the game again.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good work! 

What's your NAT type currently? I'd suggest connecting directly to your modem and and log in to it's interface. Then set a reserved IP for the R2 and then place this IP in the modem's DMZ. Reboot both the R2 and after a few minutes boot up the game again.

Nat type :Moderate 

How do i reserve an ip for the R2 i dnt kno where to look im new to the R2.I hve am Comcast Xfinity XB7  modem. Where exactly once i get the reserved R2 Ip where do i need to put it?  

• Administrators

Copy the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2. Then access the XB7 interface (if you're not sure how to do this there is likely a sticker on the underside of the XB7) and set that IP as reserved/static. Then put it in the DMZ function on the XB7.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2. Then access the XB7 interface (if you're not sure how to do this there is likely a sticker on the underside of the XB7) and set that IP as reserved/static. Then put it in the DMZ function on the XB7.

I am not seeing an DMZ option on my comcast modem to put my R1 Ip in. I am limited options while my modem is in bridge Mode. Is there another way to get open nat type? 

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Take it out of bridge mode and then see if you can find the DMZ. If not then instead make a port forwarding rule:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535 
Protocol TCP/UDP

to the router and that will achieve the same thing.

What Exactly Do i put in its asking for an Ip 

16180639964781911747327843546957.jpg

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I was referring to doing this on the modem if it doesn't have a DMZ option. What's the model of it, it will usually tell you on a sticker on the underside of the device

I cannot get into portwarding on my modem while its in bridgemode and if i disable bridge mode i hve no internet conn at all