DESTINY 2 geo filter issue

Dumpsonyou

1 minute ago, lmjones1uk said:

Yeah, bungie on xbox implemented ddos protection yesterday which blocks geo filtering. RIP.

Yeah, i noticed that, but im just wondering if theres any work arounds that anyone has tried, ive been able to get to the tower with only myself but other than that i havent been able to do anything else.

• Administrators

They're changed their systems so it appears you're unable to block players specifically but you should be able to force the closest servers which will still give you an advantage. This is how it works for most games.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're changed their systems so it appears you're unable to block players specifically but you should be able to force the closest servers which will still give you an advantage. This is how it works for most games.

not even that works for me either...

31 minutes ago, Dumpsonyou said:

Yeah, i noticed that, but im just wondering if theres any work arounds that anyone has tried, ive been able to get to the tower with only myself but other than that i havent been able to do anything else.

How did you manage that mate?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, piwikiwi said:

Yep, same here. GeoFilter is not able to filter Destiny 2 activities as of sometime this week. Sad trombone.

It looks like they have transitioned to servers rather than player hosts for DDoS protection. We're looking into it currently but it may mean you're only able to filter servers from now on, we'll know for sure soon enough.

I was trying to do my Ghosty yesterday just to find out that this was going on... as you can see when ever you turn on your settings on your Geo filter instead of you being filtered out of any connection, everything just go "AWALL" on the map.. I haven't given up I will try a few other things and give it another try

If you find something, give us a shout. Thanks. 

On 4/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, Meyoapple said:

I was trying to do my Ghosty yesterday just to find out that this was going on... as you can see when ever you turn on your settings on your Geo filter instead of you being filtered out of any connection, everything just go "AWALL" on the map.. I haven't given up I will try a few other things and give it another try

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 6:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like they have transitioned to servers rather than player hosts for DDoS protection. We're looking into it currently but it may mean you're only able to filter servers from now on, we'll know for sure soon enough.

We’re you able to find if if we can do this?