R2 worked great the first day

Razgr1z

i setup the router on monday and it was working great all day. yesterday i went to get on my games and im getting 120ms servers for my games unlike monday where i was down in the 30-60ms ping. ive been trying to figure out why it did that all day today and i noticed the connection benchmark is saying i have a 90 mb/s download and a 10 mb/s upload. So i go to chrome and run a speed test and its showing im getting 1-5mb/s and a wildly variable ping rate highest was 280ms. the benchmark has it pegged at 60ms on ping. i have my old router connected to the net duma on lan 1 to its lan 1 and it is set to acess point mode in the old routers software and i disabled the firewall on it as well any help would be greatly appreciated. this is the old router i have if it helps ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400

i have tried turning Qos off and it did nothing

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to to get internet? How did you set this up to get the R2 devices an open NAT? Are ALL devices connected to the AP or R2? 

Are you getting full speeds direct to the modem?

i dont know the modem off the top of my head ill grab that for you when i get home its the standard one charter gives. i set it up as the main device(R2) and the secondary router as acess point (ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400) most of the devices are connnected to the AP i have 2 devices connnected to the R2 my computer and the PS4. im gettting full speed to the router just not beyond the router

ARRIS TM1602A Cable Modem

dont have a choice it is required to use that one from the cable company as for my ping until this issue popped up with the download speed not being what it should have i didnt have a ping issue it was more or less at 60-80 all the time

no I'm getting full speed at the router not the computer. Also the issues seems to have resolved itself overnight. I tried some of the router setting changes suggested for slow internet namely turning off ipv6 and changing the lease to 168 for the 2nd router but it didn't appear to do anything at the time. I'm starting to think it may have been modem/ISP related. thanks