Problems after problems

TB_251

So i jus switched out my ps4 slim which i set up on the duma r2 and now i jus got a ps4 pro and got it hooked up and now. But now my duma is all outta wack. It connects to the pro but geofilter is all messed up and wont work. I think i need to probably do a factory reset but that was a whole other problem for me. Here are some of the images ive been receiving on the app and on a desktop. Can someone help if they know whats up please. Im ready to have this thing set up and not worry ab it and get to gaming already. 

7858FA76-C95A-4832-9E6B-E073E14ED151.jpeg

2DE0C6B5-A0B9-49A4-B011-C665000987F2.png

4AAF96F9-AD6E-48D3-9F69-114FA5146EE5.png

2BED071B-0E83-49C1-9315-6287A5B96F64.png

Also i keep trying to pull up geofilter on the app and its not coming up at all then im jus getting that error message. I guess im gonna have to try to do a factory reset again but im hesitant bc the factory default password wouldnt work the first time so im worried im gonna have more problems trying to get connected to r2 again

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Looks like you deleted the device from the Device Manager without first deleting it from the Geo-Filter which is what has caused the issue. We'll fix that but you will need to do a factory reset to resolve it. Use the password conversion method from the above link and you'll have the correct password to use after a reset.

Ok ill try it thanks. If ive already had to do the password conversion the first time i did the reset will i have to convert that 2 password i used or will i jus have to put in the same password that i converted originally. Thanks for gettin back to me so quick. 

@Netduma Fraser 

Ok ill try it thanks. If ive already had to do the password conversion the first time i did the reset will i have to convert that 2 password i used or will i jus have to put in the same password that i converted originally. Thanks for gettin back to me so quick. 

Also any tips on the right way to do the factory reset so everything goes smoothly??? And any key settings i need to change for a ps4 pro for lowest ping???

11 hours ago, TB_251 said:

@Netduma Fraser 

Ok ill try it thanks. If ive already had to do the password conversion the first time i did the reset will i have to convert that 2 password i used or will i jus have to put in the same password that i converted originally. Thanks for gettin back to me so quick. 

Also any tips on the right way to do the factory reset so everything goes smoothly??? And any key settings i need to change for a ps4 pro for lowest ping???

It will revert back to the password you found using the conversion method.

You can just do the factory reset by clicking the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface and under Advanced select Factory reset.

You'll then need to setup Geo-filter for your PS4 again, we've got a guide on our knowledge base that can help you with this:
http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

@Netduma Fraser  @Netduma Liam  Ok so i did the factory reset everything went good, got the geofilter and allow and deny list set up. But now when i join a game the ping on the geofilter is low usually like 30 to 50. But my in game ping has been crazy high like 178 and 194 alot of the time. How do i get my in game ping to match the ping on the duma?? Its bugging me big time

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TB_251 said:

@Netduma Fraser  @Netduma Liam  Ok so i did the factory reset everything went good, got the geofilter and allow and deny list set up. But now when i join a game the ping on the geofilter is low usually like 30 to 50. But my in game ping has been crazy high like 178 and 194 alot of the time. How do i get my in game ping to match the ping on the duma?? Its bugging me big time

The pings won't match as the in game ping includes processing delay which all games have so will always be higher than the Geo-Filter which shows your ping direct to the server. However, that high a discrepancy could indicate the server is under significant load and it would be advisable to try and force a different server instead and see whether the ping comes down.

Ok so i should deny these servers even though the ping is anywhere from 30 to 50 on geofilter and gameplay is smooth?? Do u know if the high ping in game will affect me winning gunfights??? Thanks again

• Administrators

You don't need to add them to your deny list but you can. It's possible if it is that high that it would affect it yes. It likely threw you in a server with less load, so make a note of where it was on the Geo-Filter and try to force it in future.

Sorry that im dumb but what do u mean by try to force it in the future??? If im getting lower ping in game with qos and filtering off, should i leave it like that?? But then im saying thats why i got the duma for the qos and geofiltering and all that good stuff  

by the way i dont have any servers denied on my list i only have servers that ive allowed with low ping in the geofilter but now necessarily low in game. Am i doing it wrong or something wrong?
Thanks for your help big time though, helping me get this stuff figured out   

• Administrators

So I mean you found a server that gives you great ping so now adjust the Geo-Filter to force that server each time as there is no guarantee you will get that server without it. 

Allow/deny is really used to add friends, servers you particularly like/dislike. You do not need to use it for every day filtering, you can just use the radius/polygons to block/allow servers.