Call of Duty:Warzone. Can't connect to server in the geo-filter

FakeYou

Hi,

I'm a new to Netduma R2. I'm located at east coast of US and trying to play the servers in Europe. I have set up geo-filter in Europe, but when I search games, I only can get into games in east coast US servers. Please help for settings.

image.thumb.png.4a79869ea4571190e304008987809738.png

50 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Your settings look correct, can you provide a screenshot showing it getting you the US servers?

Choose Europe when start Warzone.

image.png.491e637559bde7108bc6c881b04df74f.png

Before start to search games, it looks correct on geo-filter UI

image.thumb.png.a0fd4ac0216b3a56edd5665a6c6cd194.png

When start to search game, only search nearest server

image.thumb.png.f5609df3fea3425021796ffa5498f4e0.png

After get into game, pretty sure got into one of east coast US server by looking at the ping. If I'm getting into the circle in geo-filter, my ping should be around 100.

image.png.367ab97a611f8f2c61046bf9446031f8.png

Not sure what setting is wrong, pleased help.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you're actually in game and playing where does the server appear on the Geo-Filter Map? Is it within your radius? If so what does the Geo-Filter say your ping to the server is?

To answer your question:

Yes. I can see a server on the map, but normally I will get into a east coast US servers.

Just tried again:

I can see a server in the circle, but ping is 22ms??? How that possible? I'm at east coast US. And 

Domain Name

stun.us.demonware.net. Does this domain look like in US?

image.png.bd2037382df2084876b44216fde5bce8.png

image.thumb.png.ffd079cc3751da0f1acaa1cbf3f40d35.png

And game is keeping searching for 165ms and never get a match. Now is 12pm EST, but the timezone in that circle should be the busiest time for gaming.

image.png.8ff789d616b86513018087a3e37e349e.png

To conclude my tests so far,

1. With geo-filter in the screenshot, get a game in east coast US servers

2. With geo-filter in the screenshot, keeping searching games, never get a match

3. With geo-filter in the screenshot, I can get into a game within the circle, but very rare. After first game in that circle, the second game will bring me back into east coast servers.

• Administrators

It's an authentication server required for online play, it is mislocated on the map and should be located in the US. Try this:

1. Quit the game/client completely - including from the System Tray 
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Re-sync cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu (if you get a too long message, wait 1 minute then refresh the page and it will have applied)
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup the Geo-Filter and put Ping Assist to 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the client/game

On 3/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's an authentication server required for online play, it is mislocated on the map and should be located in the US. Try this:

1. Quit the game/client completely - including from the System Tray 
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Re-sync cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu (if you get a too long message, wait 1 minute then refresh the page and it will have applied)
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup the Geo-Filter and put Ping Assist to 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the client/game

Thanks for the instructions. I tried the steps above, but I still not able to play on the server within the circle. I'm only able to get games on east coast US. Anything else I can try?

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter showing you getting the games in that location including the ping panel please? Then I may be able to tell why it has been allowed.

I'm located at east coast US. From the screenshot, I can see a server within the circle, but the ping to that server is only 5ms? Doesn't make sense to me.

image.thumb.png.22bba527567a746b2c5b68277005beac.pngimage.png.3f05b3eaa75699c4afcaee6f4c8ff097.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, EspiritDeCorps said:

I have the exact problem. I am from Eastern Europe and I cannot connect to any Asia server

It will be quite hard to force those servers. If you create a new topic and include a screenshot of your Geo-Filter settings we can try to advise as best we can.

13 hours ago, EspiritDeCorps said:

In the daytime I can easily connect to those servers, after 00:00 GMT +2 it's barely impossible to connect to that area. Right now I tried to connect to mid-US, and they put me in the lobby on couple of seconds. 

Some servers are only available during peak times etc, as Fraser suggests, make a new topic and we'll look into it with you :) 

• 8 months later...

I'm having same issues, from the West Coast and i been trying to connect to the Mid-West servers and its impossible, sitting on cue looking for a match for over 30 mins and it just doesnt connect, any ideas how to fix this?

9 hours ago, Drjay said:

I'm having same issues, from the West Coast and i been trying to connect to the Mid-West servers and its impossible, sitting on cue looking for a match for over 30 mins and it just doesnt connect, any ideas how to fix this?

How many servers are in the filter radius you've configured roughly? You could also try setting Ping Assist to around 40 to give you a few more options.