Geo Filter Matchmaking

Juventino24

Hello. I've set up the Geo Filter on my Netduma Router for my PS5 to use it for Call Of Duty for the first time, as you can see in the Screenshot.

First of all, I'd like to ask, if the setup seems correct to you.

Then I'd like to know: If I play with a friend who lives in the same country (approximately 50 kilometers away from me) and he does not have a Netduma router with Geo-Filter, does the Geo-Filter still work? Or do I have to make sure, that I'm the leader of the squad in Call Of Duty?

Printscreen.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

So when it comes to the Servers, it works fine. The problem I have tho is that since I activated the geo filter, each time I join a Playstation 5 Party Chat, there is an error message „Network error“ that pops up. In this case, my friends can‘t hear me.

I now disabled the geo filter and the party chat works fine. Is this a known issue with the PS5?

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Juventino24 said:

Hi there!

So when it comes to the Servers, it works fine. The problem I have tho is that since I activated the geo filter, each time I join a Playstation 5 Party Chat, there is an error message „Network error“ that pops up. In this case, my friends can‘t hear me.

I now disabled the geo filter and the party chat works fine. Is this a known issue with the PS5?

Have you added your friends to your allow list or the chat servers to the list? You will need to do this before you're able to connect to them with Filtering Mode enabled. You can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter