qos keeps resetting to defaul after making ps5/ps4 high priority

managed to downgrade and error message is gone thankfully

i've realised im getting severe latency issues they are so bad that when i begin online gaming i start with 50 latency - shown from pingplotter and then it sky rockets up to 90 and then 130 and it decreases slightly but continues jumping up making gaming impossible

caught on pingplotter packet loses being show from the second hop too,

i've had virgin media come over last friday to sort out the power levels and everything, gameplay was indeed better over the weekend for the first time, but there are still little issues, and the latency is the killer i cant compete at a high level because of it, anything i can do?

out of contract with them in 2 and a half months cant wait to switch,

setup is virgin media router in modem mode connected to xr500

• Administrators

I'm with VM, I'd suggest taking it out of modem mode as I find that to be a bit flaky. Instead put it in the VM DMZ and you may have a better experience.

That error message does that occur when re-syncing the cloud or just when loading the page?

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Vipeeeer said:

only when hitting resync cloud mate

interesting i'll give it a shot and i hope it makes a difference on the gameplay

Okay that's fine, when it occurs wait 1 minute refresh the page and it will have applied.

Let us know how you get on, to clarify, put the XR WAN IP from the System Information page into the VM DMZ.

right i've just tried it

xr500 is in dmz mode

the games nat type show up as moderate not open

gameplay feels smooth but theres still input issues,

latency issue is still the same

getting an error message with the r app just like before,

think updating to the beta should work this time?

• Administrators

Okay so on the XR set NAT to Open in WAN Settings, that should resolve the NAT issue but it's probably a misreading. 

Yes do try the beta, in my opinion it's quite stable and does improve the software

managed to get in and the update has been a success,

quick question while the xr500 is in dmz mode can i add my ps4/ps5 into dmz directly within the xr500 options?

do i need to port forward anything for fifa or is that already done since the xr500 is in dmz?

11 hours ago, Vipeeeer said:

managed to get in and the update has been a success,

quick question while the xr500 is in dmz mode can i add my ps4/ps5 into dmz directly within the xr500 options?

do i need to port forward anything for fifa or is that already done since the xr500 is in dmz?

You shouldn't need to do any port forwarding now that the XR is in the VM Hub's DMZ, you won't need to DMZ any consoles either.

11 hours ago, Vipeeeer said:

my latency sky rockets up to 150+ ping stays the same on pingplotter, would ping assist at 100 be wise?

That may be a symptom of the server you're on, setting ping assist to around 40 would potentially give you more options. Try manually denying the server that's giving you ping spikes to rule that out.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:04 PM, Netduma Liam said:

You shouldn't need to do any port forwarding now that the XR is in the VM Hub's DMZ, you won't need to DMZ any consoles either.

That may be a symptom of the server you're on, setting ping assist to around 40 would potentially give you more options. Try manually denying the server that's giving you ping spikes to rule that out.

40 at times felt a lot worse since im playing fifa and im continuously facing opponents outside of the uk,

i've set duma classified games activated, plus manually port forwarding some ports, this wont clash with each other would it?

On 4/16/2021 at 9:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Put Ping Assist to 0 and force different servers, you may find some that are further away play a bit better. No they won't clash

good to hear they wont clash, but i've switched off traffic prioritization duma classified games because i've seen the difference in gameplay with it off, and its more responsive, i dont understand why this is though

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Vipeeeer said:

good to hear they wont clash, but i've switched off traffic prioritization duma classified games because i've seen the difference in gameplay with it off, and its more responsive, i dont understand why this is though

Every connection is different so if that works for you then great! Could be a little bit of lag compensation going in your favor there for example

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Every connection is different so if that works for you then great! Could be a little bit of lag compensation going in your favor there for example

had issues with the gaming router last night as it wasnt following the qos rules i had set, apparently one of my family members wasnt allowed to connect to the internet when i had returned share excess again, and when i was on the ps4 the download speeds were adjusting correctly, but my upload decided to stay at full upload speeds which i didnt understand. reboots and everything was done and still same result

a question on the geo filter, im still facing opponents outside of the uk, this is a deliberate issue caused by ea letting other players play on e.g. london servers from like greece and belgium and lag compensation is so in their favour. does the geo filter not prevent this? say if i had only london marked as my radius with the server included? also the london server on the geo filter seems mislocated as its shown right at the bottom of the uk?

finally i think i will give the virgin media router another go in dmz just realised the first time i done it i had the mtu still on 1472 lol, with the xr500 in dmz and apparently changing the dns in the xr500 helps also?

Were your family able to access the internet after re-enabling share excess? Is Congestion Control set to 'Always', 'Auto-enable' or 'Never'? Do you also still have the DumaOS classified games rule enabled?

You could always ensure that you're connecting to the UK server, but unfortunately you can't control which other players connect to that server. So you may have a great connection to it but if your opponent has connected from a different country further away, there's not too much you can do about it I'm afraid.

You can experiment with changing the DNS on the XR, it's certainly worth trying as every connection is different.

The XR500 has a firewall enabled by default so there's no issue with the Virgin hub having it's firewall settings off. 

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Were you family able to access the internet after re-enabling share excess? Is Congestion Control set to 'Always', 'Auto-enable' or 'Never'? Do you also still have the DumaOS classified games rule enabled?

You could always ensure that you're connecting to the UK server, but unfortunately you can't control which other players connect to that server. So you may have a great connection to it but if your opponent has connected from a different country further away, there's not too much you can do about it I'm afraid.

You can experiment with changing the DNS on the XR, it's certainly worth trying as every connection is different.

The XR500 has a firewall enabled by default so there's no issue with the Virgin hub having it's firewall settings off. 

no my sister told me she couldnt access the internet at all and i told her i had reverted the settings, but found out after whatever inputs i made then and later that day were not getting accepted correctly, i had tested the changed speeds on the ps4 on dslreports which has always shown the changes to the qos i put in

i see, am i able to block the players i face on these dedicated servers? i have heard this is possible? becase it cant be the domain server im blocking for example im facing someone on a dedicated server in london at 18.133.1.77, match finishes i lose, i block/deny this, later on i get put on to this same domain/ip address against a different player, in the first instance that i denied it would that first player i lost to be blocked from playing me again?

im setting the xr500 now with the new dns and as dmz with firewall off from the main router. will keep you updated

right so everything has been done, nat type was set to open however it is shown as moderate in cod, qos is working as normal for now, however the geo filter has stopped working, have tried numerous times to re add device, switch the xr500 on and off, but to no avail

That's good thanks for the update! 

You won't be able to block particular players I'm afraid, as it's still server-based matchmaking. If you block that server manually, you shouldn't get a game on that server again until you allow it.

Are you getting any errors in Geo-filter or is it just not allowing you to add a device? What happens when you click 'add device'?