Lower speeds on dumaOS

GSGF

Hey so I've been using the original firmware for years and have had no issues with speed (I am able to get 80mpbs down) but after upgrading to the duma OS (both V2 and V3) My speeds are caped under 25mbps.

My current setup is a tplink modem connected straight to the R1 on pppoe.

Also I find it strange that the connection benchmark is reading at least 74mbps speed but my browser does not on my pc and neither does my phone on my WiFi mesh Network (they are all connected to the R1.

• Administrators

Did you factory reset from the interface once you upgraded? It is a big change from the original so I would highly recommend doing that first if you haven't as otherwise old level code from the previous version can cause issues.

Connection Benchmark does a test direct from the router and uses different servers than you would normally use so that's why it will be different.

Ok I have done it but the speed has only gone up to 60mbps. This might be my network from the isp so I'm gona wait a free days and see if it improves before coming back here. Thank you for your helpπŸ™πŸ½

so ive done some testing and spoke to BT and it turns out it is something to do with the R1 I will attach speed test with both r1 and just the bt router.
funny thing is the connection benchmark on r1 is showing the 74mbps but is not letting it pass through even with qos and Gio filter off.

Β 

Β 

bt st.png

netduma st.png