WiFi analyzer

Rylo

I’m just wondering how it works I guess, I’m on channel 153 and it says 74% but 157 says 84% does that mean that’s how full it is? 

also for 5ghz channel should I put channel width to auto? 

• Administrators

It is hard to say without knowing what the analyzer is, can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please? It is likely the strength of the wifi signal.

You can use auto or try selecting a manual channel based on the analyzer results.

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is hard to say without knowing what the analyzer is, can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing please? It is likely the strength of the wifi signal.

You can use auto or try selecting a manual channel based on the analyzer results.

My apologies they had a section about how it works in the manual 

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would you mind taking a picture of the part you're referring to? I can't see it in the manual myself

Sorry about the long response happened to get a bad thunder storm and didn’t have power, but that’s the analyzer from the bell IP for the hub, and it shows how strong the channel signal is and that’s what the %s are for or at least that’s what I have gathered but I could be wrong

DA4952D4-741C-4081-82E3-E4423AE626A3.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK that looks about right, could you try switching your 5GHz channel to one of those showing 100% and see if it improves?

That’s what the modem is on, the R2 is on 153 and I don’t believe I’m able to change the channel on the modem Im not able to change anything about the 2.4 or 5ghz 

2 hours ago, Rylo said:

That’s what the modem is on, the R2 is on 153 and I don’t believe I’m able to change the channel on the modem Im not able to change anything about the 2.4 or 5ghz 

Presumably the modem isn't broadcasting an SSID so you don't need to change it on the modem anyway.

Could you try downloading a different Wi-Fi Analyser and compare the results? There's a good one on the Microsoft store simply called 'Wi-Fi Analyser'.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Presumably the modem isn't broadcasting an SSID so you don't need to change it on the modem anyway.

Could you try downloading a different Wi-Fi Analyser and compare the results? There's a good one on the Microsoft store simply called 'Wi-Fi Analyser'.

Yeah I can definitely do that 

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Nvm I’m not able too cause I’m not running windows 10 ☹️

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you experiencing WiFi issues on the R2 or just trying to use the best channel?

Really just trying to find the best channel and width yes