WiFi and Set up issues

howdy, 

so i recently got my R2 in the mail and when I initially went through the setup wizard I skipped the internet set up and that caused a slue of issues. I was unable to connect my mobiles to wifi, couldnt set up manually on wired connection, etc. ultimately I factory reset and managed to get to the point where I was able to connect my Mac and iPhone to the WiFi (eureka) but when I tried to access Dumaos it said that my account info was incorrect. I tried the factory password, personal password and username I set up previously and no dice. I got frustrated and factory reset the router AGAIN and now I cant even connect mobile devices to the router for initial set up. where am I going wrong here? not super savvy with all this so I am pretty lost unfortunately. any assistance would be helpful! Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Follow the password conversion method here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work to see if you can get the devices connected to WiFi so you can complete the wizard

Thanks for the assistance so far, Fraser! I was able to connect via Wi-Fi and enter the dumaos portal to get things mostly set up, but now it says that my WAN IP is Disconnected. I’m on Google fiber so I went through the Quick setup guide and connected the CAT6 cable directly to the Fiber Jack in the wall. Should I be doing something differently here? I’m going to include more screenshots of what I am seeing on my screen for you if that helps.

That’s probably just the WiFi looking for stuff. It’s normal so nothing to worry about as I’ve seen this with mine that not connected up online. The count will slowly increase.

UPDATE: So i factory reset the router since initial reboot didn’t work, went through setup wizard and it appears that I have a stable internet connection now. WAN IP is now available and once I go through everything else in speed tests I shouldn’t have any more issues. Thanks for all the help!

Just was able to hop on the internet for a bit after the recommended changes in hardware setup. But when i pulled up dumaos/ it gave me an initial error and stated in the diagnostic check that, “the network gateway is accessible, but Windows could not receive network traffic from the Internet”. Does that mean I just need to update the information about my ISP router to setup new DNS?

• Administrators

Great to hear that! No I don't believe so, if you access using 192.168.77.1 in the browser instead does that give you access? Also to double check were you connected to the R2 when you attempted access?

So the issues I was having before were mainly because I didn’t auto connect to WAN via my hardware. I just rebooted the R2 and completely disconnected everything. Using the Quick Setup guide in the user Manuel step by step I ended up having my CAT6 cable provided by Netduma connect from Fiber Jack in wall to WAN Port on Google Fiber Box. Then connected my other Ethernet cable from LAN port on Google Fiber to the WAN port on the R2, with all of my external wired devices connect to the R2 LAN ports. Went through setup guide again and everything auto-populated. Experiencing the same network speeds (1GB Up/Down) with similar ping after testing the geofilter. No issues as of now! Not sure what to do if it doesn’t auto connect but I’m just going to write down everything in system/network info while it’s working so I can replicate it if I need to do it manually. Thanks for all of the assistance! 

Edit: I can acces both through IP url and dumaos/ url on both wired and WiFi connections to all devices