Rapps not loading

Random2006

I received my r2 last week. Upon setting it up rapps wouldn't load and kept giving me an error. I came to the forums and saw some suggestions to unpin all the apps and to set retries to 5. It took a few reboots but I got everything unpinned. It was definitely much faster but after the router is on for a few hours the apps will again fail to load. The ones that would load take 60+ seconds to load at times. Yesterday I decided to reset it and then I had to go through the process over again of unpinning the apps with the same result. Currently I turned off Geo-Filter, QoS, Adblocker, and VPN to see if that would help with the performance but it didn't appear to have an impact. Checking Rapp Performance it looks like Device Manager is using a lot more of the resources than the other apps. I don't know if it's related but my wife will complain that the WiFi stops working and I'll have to restart again. Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. When you see the issue happening, click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then hover above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

Are you using Mirror mode for WiFi or have you disabled this and connecting to 2.4/5GHz manually?

8 minutes ago, Random2006 said:

image.thumb.png.a37685a19e37b8ef5bf9233ef0af3da9.png

I'm on separate wifi channels as well.

Edit: So far today it's been better but I haven't tried to enable any of the features I had previously disabled again today.

I spoke too soon. After I took the screenshot I tried to go to some apps and nothing will load.

The R-apps and  dashboard hardly ever work for me. Very annoying. There are various posts about "workarounds" and clearing cache etc....but it should just work. I love the router but by god is it a pain when you want to change some settings and you can't because the R-apps or the interface won't load properly. You just sit there watching the circle spin hoping it will load the screen but hardly ever does

• Administrators

@Random2006 thank you for that, I've passed this on to the devs, one of the values is above the limit it should be.

@bobby boy I totally understand you're frustration and we are working on it. With the help of the community it really speeds up our debugging of issues like this, so if you could do the above as well when you see it we'd really appreciate it. 

• 5 months later...

unfortunately I have had this router since launch and I had to buy another router to use since i've had so many issues. i just set it up hoping the latest firmware would have corrected the no internet connection issue on setup.....it didn't. I finally  found a workaround on the forum and now I am having this Rapp not loading issue. The apps are the whole reason you buy this router...if they are not working, what is the point? I think I will have to go back to my alternate router....very sad.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, ercarlson8 said:

unfortunately I have had this router since launch and I had to buy another router to use since i've had so many issues. i just set it up hoping the latest firmware would have corrected the no internet connection issue on setup.....it didn't. I finally  found a workaround on the forum and now I am having this Rapp not loading issue. The apps are the whole reason you buy this router...if they are not working, what is the point? I think I will have to go back to my alternate router....very sad.

I've sent you a PM

• 2 months later...

I've just updated the software for my R2. QOS rapp won't load. I'm getting quite frustrated with this router. Bought it to make my life easier but honestly, I haven't found any improvement in my connection to game servers (play mostly Warzone) and the software is constantly causing me issues with the rapps not loading.

10 hours ago, Jforrest1978 said:

I've just updated the software for my R2. QOS rapp won't load. I'm getting quite frustrated with this router. Bought it to make my life easier but honestly, I haven't found any improvement in my connection to game servers (play mostly Warzone) and the software is constantly causing me issues with the rapps not loading.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, which firmware did you upgrade from and to? 

Did you factory reset after the firmware upgrade?

Just now, Deng said:

Hello, after I upgraded the firmware (394) and did a reset to factory settings I've also encountered this problem with most of the rapps failing to load after the first reboot.

Second reboot fixed it for me and it's rock solid ever since.

Same thing for me, upgraded to 394 and nothing was loading; did a second factory reset and everything has been loading without any problems so far (touch wood).