Ping discrepancy

I've noticed a discrepancy between the ping reported by the Netduma and the ping reported by BOCW's in-game network monitor (found in settings).

Netduma is reporting the ping as 20ms, while the game is reporting it as 40ms.

Not complaining or anything (both are pretty damn acceptable in my opinion!) but I was just curious as to why the game is reporting a ping double that of the Netduma.

Playing on PS5, using an XR500 with Dumas OS.3.

38 minutes ago, local_celebrity said:

I've noticed a discrepancy between the ping reported by the Netduma and the ping reported by BOCW's in-game network monitor (found in settings).

Not complaining or anything (both are pretty damn acceptable in my opinion!) but I was just curious as to why the game is reporting a ping double that of the Netduma.

CoD's in game ping includes processing time. Its been the same in all CoD's.

11 hours ago, local_celebrity said:

Good answer from N3CR0, could you try forcing a different server and see if it's the same? 

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good answer from N3CR0, could you try forcing a different server and see if it's the same? 

I've now tried the UK, French and Spanish dedi's and the ping reported in-game is always around 20ms higher than the Netduma's - so the processing time explanation seems plausible :)