New R2 Geo Filter and Other Apps Don't Work

Zachery

So finally had some time to post this. Hopefully we can get this fixed, I refuse to believe you guys have made a out right bad product, but I have had this device for about a week and have had admittedly mostly trouble out of it.

My Setup - ATT fiber from the wall into a -  ATT Arris BGW210 in bridge mode ( no wifi, no firewall, no port forwarding) into - Netduma R2 with latest software - into my PC via CAT6

The whole OS has been very unresponsive, but I really just need the ping heat map and geo filter to work. If and when I do a full reset it will work once, as in the rapp will run as intended and filter correctly, but if I close the browser, the rapp will become unresponsive. It will give multiple erros and will never load on the main dashboard even tho it is pinned there.

Errors are as follows -

Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.

Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

Some others that I can't seem to replicate at this time.

However the rapp appears to load sometimes, just is completely unresponsive. Buttons don't work etc.

To get geo filter to work again, I have to do a full reset of the router, a handful of times I have got away with a reboot. But most instances this is not the case, the reboot causes the router to become more responsive over all, but 95% of the time the rapp is still broken.

Things I have tried -

-Modem in full on wifi mode with the same setup, fire wall on and off etc.

-Rapps number of retries set to 1,2,3,4,and 5 with a reboot in between.

-Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge.

-Reverted to older version of DumaOS

of course full reboots in between each of these changes, and I am not back on the latest version as the older one was way worse in every way especially OS responsiveness.

I'm at a loss.

I have got it to correctly filter me south america servers for warzone ONE time.

Last night was the only other time it seemed to work but didn't - It would let me draw out the location in south america, add device, select my pc and select to filter, but in game I was still connecting to Houston TX servers, so I know it was not working correctly.

Any help or ideas will be appreciated, willing to try other options and ideas. I use this for COD and that is it, but so far it has been nothing but hassle. Like I said, not willing to say this down right awful product .. yet. Hoping you guys have a fix. Thanks.

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. Could you provide a full screenshot including the browser showing one of these errors please? I'm not interested in the error particularly but the browser and interface as a whole. Are you trying to access using HTTPS or HTTP? Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when the Geo-Filter isn't filtering as you would expect?

Can you unpin all panels from the dashboard please, then reboot from the interface and see if it re-occurs again? Also how are you rebooting, from the interface or by pulling the power?

Here are some screenshots, It seems to default to HTTP not sure if that is what is needed, and or how to change it, if it needs to be. I will try unpinning, I have rebooted both ways, they both seem to offer the same results if I wait long enough. Which is the preferred method? Let me know if you need specific screenshots of other tabs etc.

unknown.png

unknown.png

After unpinning all tabs and rebooting via the os reboot button, the whole OS is much smoother, still not perfect but way way way better. Geo filter will let me apply settings multiple times, draw out areas to restrict to etc. I still believe it is not working correctly tho. I start a game of warzone and it searches for a server and still gives me servers with 15 - 30ms ping which is my local servers. Where before when I restricted to south america and queued up for a game it went straight for games <154ms, which if you look at the ping map for warzone is right where it should be. I have only been able to get it to do that in one setting, for about ten games. Now it won't. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Glad you've got it smoother. You haven't added your device to the Geo-Filter so it currently isn't filtering anything. You need to add the device while the game/console is off, wait 2 minutes then boot up the game - if it has worked correctly you should see loads of icons on the map initially.

Those screenshots are pre - me unpinning all the rapps. I do have my specific desktop added and filtering on. But I don't ever see icons on the map, I have once or twice. Usually just the player and server icon. Is it alright to have it running on a second monitor while the game runs?

unknown.png

Seems to be hung up again, the rap never fully populates, the switch to apply the filter or not does not load in, and it gives the error that the rapp did not load properly. Click add and nothing happens. :(

unknown.png

• Administrators

Try this please:

1. Quit the game/client completely - including from the System Tray
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Go to the Device Manager and give your PC the PlayStation device type
  4. Flush cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  6. Setup the Geo-Filter how you would like but put Ping Assist to 0
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the client/game

Also have you added any servers to your allow list?

Not sure how to change PC to playstation device type in device manager. I don't see that as a listed option under the actions tab.

Also I do not have any servers on my allow list, and I don't have any blocked either.

I suppose it's possible these servers are only active during peak times, we're seeing a few servers like that with CoD. 

We're pushing a cloud update today as I've noticed one of the two servers your search polygon includes is not not available.

I suppose, I’ve tried others as well, just doesn’t seem to work. Keeps dropping WiFi and rebooting through the day as well. Is there a person or customer service I can talk to about returns? Just not happy with this product at all. Has been the biggest frustration and complete downgrade from a router I have had for 5+ years.

13 hours ago, Zachery said:

I suppose, I’ve tried others as well, just doesn’t seem to work. Keeps dropping WiFi and rebooting through the day as well. Is there a person or customer service I can talk to about returns? Just not happy with this product at all. Has been the biggest frustration and complete downgrade from a router I have had for 5+ years.

Sorry to hear that, you can email [email protected] with your order number and we'll look into the possibility of a return for you.