XR1000 Fifa 21 on PS4

Hi Support Team,

I purchased the router based on its geo filtering and how its was marketed interms of reducing lag and ping spikes. Granted the EA servers are not the best. I live on the westcoast of Australia and the Fifa 21 servers are located on AWS on the East coast of Australia (Sydney).

I use a netgear D700 Nighthawk Modem/Router to connect to my ISP and use the XR1000 as my gaming router connected to the D700.

I've noticed the following

1. The predefined Fifa 21 options on the Ping Heatmap doesn't take into account servers in Australia and hence doesn't work at all. Yes I have forced an update and still doesn't work

image.thumb.png.c51b042b5b9eafdd608f41b9bcdcd1ae.png

2. I had to create my own as shown below

image.thumb.png.2bed02630dfbc4ccd979cfb0acaa8174.png

3. When playing Fifa 21 I'm constantly getting Ping spikes/latency and packet loss. The gameplay is really bad and cant do anything. The router doesn't seem to help.

4. I have set my QOS as follows

image.thumb.png.bc740dc732185f97fc9eb72a1427f70f.png

image.thumb.png.612aa34b5979be8fe365de9f9a830551.png

image.thumb.png.427d3b62266e6641260e6ad3aa5da354.png

I feel like I'm just not getting value for money. I also put my PS4 as a dmz server and still no change, ping spikes and packet loss is just crazy and makes it unplayable.

I also see on the connection benchmark that I have high ping. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Also doing some basic testing on the router and doing a tracert to a EA server on 3.25.37.12 I get the following:

1     1 ms    36 ms     1 ms  10.0.0.1 --> XR1000
  2     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1 --> Netgera D700

Why is their a massive ping spike from the XR1000??? I would have expected that to be at least 1ms.

• Administrators

What is the ping you get as shown by the Geo-Filter and what do you see in game (if applicable)?

Disable classified games and the last rule in Traffic Prio - no need to prioritize multiple times.

That could indicate you need to try with another ethernet cable connecting your device to the router.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:03 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that, we are currently working on improving Geo-filter for FIFA. 

What results do you get from a connection benchmark? Feel free to send a screenshot.

Guys, you can not, I repeat you can not say "we are currently working on improving Geo-filter for FIFA." in march 2021 , if the game is here since October 2020 , sorry not acceptable.

Hi @Mike2099

first of all, DumaOS will not change your whole connection. If you have issues with your ISP then the router also cannot do anything. I think you had already issues before right? If yes, try another modem or it is based on your ISP, that means you have to change.

the XR1000, is good for the wifi and heart is geofilter to be honest and here you have to play around which fifa server fits to your connection. but if you have ping spikes, then you have to check your own network, if you downloading something etc or if it's based on your ISP.

You have try by your own where the servers are. Let me check later if I can see a server in Australia and I will send you a Screenshot which maybe can help you.

Cheers

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Mike2099 said:

Sorry guys, but I feel like the QOS on the router isn't working at all. Its March 2021 and we still don't have a Geo-Filter that works for Fifa 21.

If you let me know the answers to my questions we can get to the bottom of what is happening, may just be something that needs to be changed.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:28 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the ping you get as shown by the Geo-Filter and what do you see in game (if applicable)?

Disable classified games and the last rule in Traffic Prio - no need to prioritize multiple times.

That could indicate you need to try with another ethernet cable connecting your device to the router.

On the Geo-Filter this is what I see

image.thumb.png.2c93fec39c256549fa80cbde571a8d7a.png

In game it shows 54ms

Disabled classified games and the last rule

Also my cables are all Cat 8 cables, specifically for gaming to further reduce noise/latency

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you setup the Geo-Filter prior to starting up the game?

CB uses the Google servers for the pings so they may not be very close to you and therefore can be ignored.

Geo-Filters where setup long before starting the games.

Also I use the google dns servers and have set them up.

Now I also have a ASUS GT-AX11000 gaming router as well and the ping on this is around 54ms as shown below

image.png.fc39100bd121dc44f30e6d38f89589d0.png

and on this router I also have the google dns servers configured. Something on the XR1000 is not configured correctly and not sure what that could be.

• Administrators

Setting them as the DNS won't necessarily improve the ping on that, that may be using another server rather than the DNS for the test. As mentioned we do have work to do on that feature though, that's not necessarily your base ping. Do a speedtest.net test, what ping do you get there?

Did a factory reset and now my ping on the CB is back down to 50ms. It may not be related, I had contacted my ISP and explained the situation. They also made change. But my ASUS router was showing 53-44ms even before the ISP's change.