Trying to replace my Bell Canada Home Hub 3000 with Netduma R2

zaria

Hi I am trying to replace my HH3000 with the Netduma R2 using the video bellow.

I have bought two different SFP Media converters and have the correct user name an password for PPOE.

I am receiving some PPOE errors.

EDIT:  I did a little research and found that I have to set VLAN to 35, is that something I can do with this router?

Do I need to complete the step in this individuals to setup IPTV to VID 35 to get a PPOE connection?   Right now in the logs I don't even see any PPOE handshake. 

In the DumaOS I see data sent but nothing received for WAN.

ue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.err pppd[7140]: Unable to complete PPPoE Discovery
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.info pppd[7140]: Exit.
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is now down
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is disabled
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is enabled
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wan' is setting up now
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.err insmod: module is already loaded - slhc
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.err insmod: module is already loaded - ppp_generic
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.err insmod: module is already loaded - pppox
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.err insmod: module is already loaded - pppoe
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.info pppd[8145]: Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
Tue Oct 27 10:34:16 2020 daemon.info pppd[8145]: RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.8p compiled against pppd 2.4.7

Edited by zaria
more info required for VLAN

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

VLAN is not currently implemented but will be for the next version I believe. You don't need to replace the hub you can use them together - in fact that is what we usually suggest, to connect it to your existing modem/router to get an internet connection. In your case you will have to do this as VLAN isn't possible at the moment.

if the IP for the WAN is obtained by the Bell Modem what do I enter in the WAN setup on the Netduma R2, DHCP or static ?  Do I need to enter the WAN ip address in the WAN settings of the router?

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, zaria said:

if the IP for the WAN is obtained by the Bell Modem what do I enter in the WAN setup on the Netduma R2, DHCP or static ?  Do I need to enter the WAN ip address in the WAN settings of the router?

No you just leave that as the default which is DHCP so nothing to change there

On the same modem ethernet cable I get 1.5 GB download and 1 GB upload. 

When I connect through Netduma R2 WAN I get 91 mbps up and 91 mbps up.  I have tried disabling QOS and all kinds of troubleshooting.  I have set router R2 on DMZ Advanced.

What do you recommend I try?

• Administrators

Are any other devices connected to the modem? Can you connect ALL devices to the R2/disconnect them from the modem and see if it gets higher speeds? It might be that it will take a few days for the ISP to sync with the router as there doesn't appear to be anything else affecting it