R2 Connection Issues

omegamaniac

Hey,

I just bought the R2 and got it yesterday. I tried setting it up via the dumaOS and hit a wall. When searching for a internet connection it cannot find one. I have set my Ethernet connection to 192.168.77.2 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.77.1. Also have set the primary DNS to 192.168.77.1. I’m not sure really where to go from here. When I plug my pc straight into the modem it works fine. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Have you accessed the interface and completed the setup wizard? You will need to do that first before you can get an internet connection through it.

I did reset on the back to see if this fixed it. But it did not. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. I held it for 10 seconds. So it’s bringing up the setup again but when it searches for an internet connection it finds nothing. I also tried adding the static up/information but I just get a spinning wheel of death and then it doesn’t respond.

use google chrome set it up make username password change the netduma r2 pw and everything should work type in http://192.168.77.1 by itself in google chrome and it should pop up to the set up wizard if you havent already thats what i had to do

• Administrators

You will need to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, then wait 2 minutes then try to access it and complete the wizard.

What is your exact physical setup, are you using a pure modem (no wifi) or modem/router (wifi)? 

Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN etc for a connection?

• Administrators

I assume you would have had a router prior to the R2, connect that and then check its internet settings and see whether there is anything like that you might need. Also while doing that plug the R2 into that router and see if it can get a connection.

It doesn’t get a connection. I tried the other router/gateway since it’s a combo but that doesn’t even work as a modem since it was deactivated by my isp. I tried resetting it by holding it for 30 seconds and it’s now saying when I try to get to router setup that the site is unreachable/connection is refused.

Experiencing same issue just got my new r2 

i cant get a connection to the internet If i plug my old router it works fine tried doing upriver thing with old router and was able to complete the wizard set up but experienced the same issu done a couple factory reset and done the wizard a couple time by now 

I received the router today and plugged it in, went through the steps. Connected to router and went to the setup wizard. Filled everything I then arrived on a page saying that the internet was setting up. After 10 mn of nothing changing I tried to look for the internet connection, and it was gone. The router wasn’t appearing anymore and impossible to connect. I have rebooted it and now it’s telling that the factory password is incorrect.

Hi Grom try this password 113061190222045 same thing happened to me whenever i factory reset i think thats factory one also or given by default

Any news if this fixable or we need replacements?

That password worked for me but it must be different for you I have the same issue waited almost a month and a half for the router And I was really excited to set it up Everything was fine and dandy for a minute and then it keeps dropping internet connection after like a minute or so hope we can get this sorted out 

@omegamaniac I'm not sure I understand, what router did you unplug an replace with the R2? Can you plug that back in and see if that works? 

@Roque Perez Sorry to hear this. So your R2 is accepting the password that you enter and you are able to use the internet for a couple of minutes, but then it drops? Have you confirmed that you actually do have internet access momentarily, can you access a web page? 

@Supergrom Are you able to connect to the R2 via wired? If so, you can go to the interface and change the Wi-Fi password here.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, omegamaniac said:

My old router/gateway does not work since it’s a combo my isp gave me and they deactivated it to activate my new modem which is currently plugged in with the r2. 

Are you certain you don't need to call them to activate/allow the R2 at all? What is the modem model exactly?

No I don’t have to activate the routers. I had a linksys before the combo and never had to do anything with my isp. 

here is the exact model: 

NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 - Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS)

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

@omegamaniac I'm not sure I understand, what router did you unplug an replace with the R2? Can you plug that back in and see if that works? 

@Roque Perez Sorry to hear this. So your R2 is accepting the password that you enter and you are able to use the internet for a couple of minutes, but then it drops? Have you confirmed that you actually do have internet access momentarily, can you access a web page? 

@Supergrom Are you able to connect to the R2 via wired? If so, you can go to the interface and change the Wi-Fi password here.

Not being able to connect to any webpage using the R2 was able to complete set up wizard tried everything. Of I use my old router internet works fine or directly to the modem to PC

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Roque Perez said:

Not being able to connect to any webpage using the R2 was able to complete set up wizard tried everything. Of I use my old router internet works fine or directly to the modem to PC

Does it work like above if you do modem > old router > R2? 

7 minutes ago, Supergrom said:

I have been able to use the by plugging my old router to the modem and the r2 to the router which means that I can only use it for Ethernet.

You can use it for WiFi as well, you can disable WiFi on the old router, put the R2 WAN IP from the System Information page into the old router DMZ and you're good to go.