Can't Matchmake in Destiny 2

AGPriest

Hello forums,

Since February 9th I've not been able to matchmake in Destiny 2. - I have confirmed that i'm not banned or restricted with Bungie. 

I was able to matchmake through the 8th, as i participated in the previous Iron Banner with no issues, but on the 9th, when the new season started, ive not been able to match make.

I went to the Bungie forums about it, and they tried blaming my network, as they typically do.   So today I got adventurous and pulled out my wifi6 router that i had before the R2, plugged everything in, and was able to matchmake with no issue.

So after that I plugged everything back into the R2.  No dice.  Noticed there was a firmware update.  Installed that and factory reset.  Went through the setup process again.  No dice AGAIN.

Did something change with Duma and Destiny ?

I have to say that is strange indeed.. Are you using the Geo Filter with Destiny2? If you are then try putting it to Spectating mode once.. I think this will have to be something for Netduma to troubleshoot.. It almost sounds like there is a server being blocked in order to play.. Or something for sure is being blocked..

Zippy.

33 minutes ago, AGPriest said:

Hello forums,

Since February 9th I've not been able to matchmake in Destiny 2. - I have confirmed that i'm not banned or restricted with Bungie. 

I was able to matchmake through the 8th, as i participated in the previous Iron Banner with no issues, but on the 9th, when the new season started, ive not been able to match make.

I went to the Bungie forums about it, and they tried blaming my network, as they typically do.   So today I got adventurous and pulled out my wifi6 router that i had before the R2, plugged everything in, and was able to matchmake with no issue.

So after that I plugged everything back into the R2.  No dice.  Noticed there was a firmware update.  Installed that and factory reset.  Went through the setup process again.  No dice AGAIN.

I am playing Destiny right now on a R2 with xbox series X and my boy playing on ps4 through R2.

Are you on pc?

I dont see any changes also as you say not banned if you were it tells you when you try to matchmake.

2 minutes ago, SETi-D said:

I am playing Destiny right now on a R2 with xbox series X and my boy playing on ps4 through R2.

Are you on pc?

I dont see any changes

Yes, on PC.

14 minutes ago, Zippy said:

I have to say that is strange indeed.. Are you using the Geo Filter with Destiny2? If you are then try putting it to Spectating mode once.. I think this will have to be something for Netduma to troubleshoot.. It almost sounds like there is a server being blocked in order to play.. Or something for sure is being blocked..

Zippy.

Something definitely being blocked.  I can log in to destiny, I can go to the tower, I can go to the planets, I can even do strikes (by myself since it won't matchmake), but can't do Crucible or Gambit, nor can I join anyone or have them join me.

Just now, SETi-D said:

I'm just use geo filter Destiny profile and Traffic prio my consoles.

And for me the games are fine and im happy with that.

You should try a reset and start fresh.

Thats what I did after updating the firmware.  Started completely fresh.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Destiny updated the way the servers/connections work on console, similar to something they've done on PC and that requires us to investigate so for now I'd disable filtering mode when playing.

I noticed this on Friday after the recent update i was leaving the filter like that because it seems to fine for my other games COD and such.

As you say to disable i will do it now dude thank you.