So straight into modem, 

74D 18U 22P

67D 12U 23P

70D 15U 20P

into XR700

3D 11U 56P

.5D 12U 57P

2D 11U 52P

Think the BT HH will have to go back on, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back, after having issues with other things which has been posted on other topics.

I'm pretty sure the amount of reboots and resets over the last week has had its toll

Just now, Guilders said:

So straight into modem, 

74D 18U 22P

67D 12U 23P

70D 15U 20P

into XR700

3D 11U 56P

.5D 12U 57P

2D 11U 52P

Think the BT HH will have to go back on, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back, after having issues with other things which has been posted on other topics.

I'm pretty sure the amount of reboots and resets over the last week has had its toll

Oh meant to say I will do one more reset, and at same time remove dumaos 3.0 and see, but not holding breath, shame 3.0 has some great potential, maybe its better in their own router away from netgear

So reset done and back into pre 3.0 firmware 

speed test during set up was as per expected speed I get, see pic!

after everything was set up I done another speed test and got 67d/l 16u/l and a slightly high 30ping (20 is usual) see second pic 

left a few mins and did another speed tests and got 7d/l 11u/l and 20ping, see third pic

I’m sure you can see where this is going, just a moment ago while writing this post see fourth pic

I think the router is knacked, and at £400 when I bought it I’m hoping for a replacement!! Or cash back and an r2

5C675944-D4A8-4D42-8C1A-5970E19629E4.jpeg

9E2401D9-4B22-41B2-806D-EAAC9C4C9B4D.jpeg

DCCC714C-D670-4F09-9230-184A0BC1B3CE.jpeg

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control menu, if it is an issue with your settings then the speeds will return and if it doesn't then it indicates there is an issue elsewhere.

I’ve just done that, so will give it a couple of minutes and run the test again

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control menu, if it is an issue with your settings then the speeds will return and if it doesn't then it indicates there is an issue elsewhere.

No effect

3E04D53F-04B2-4413-8ECC-701DC4D2CD28.jpeg

67BEEA38-4FC8-42AA-A5AE-60E37D2CB13C.jpeg

• Administrators

How are you connected to the router to run the speed tests, via wifi or ethernet? When you get slow speeds, go to Settings and run through the setup wizard until it gets to the speed test - what does it say for speeds there?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you connected to the router to run the speed tests, via wifi or ethernet? When you get slow speeds, go to Settings and run through the setup wizard until it gets to the speed test - what does it say for speeds there?

All test done via gaming pc, connected with ethernet to router, router connected to modem, modem connected to phone line 

Going through set up now and will post pics

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So for 6 mins it’s been like this, even though we disconnected from internet and now everyone else is reconnected it’s still doing this 

6DE6F7C8-82BD-49E6-8896-8A0C2612E648.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So eventually:

done the test as you said, in fact done two one after another and then plugged straight into modem from same pc results below in pic

8BA4ECBA-0F15-4924-8B25-5B7705424706.jpeg

ED076F4B-1F8F-4B05-972F-8A2C40C28155.jpeg

D5152F30-1AEF-4869-9874-4F21E8D06ED5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so it does indicate that it's nothing to do with your QoS settings or anything like that. Have you got another ethernet cable you can use to replace the one connecting the XR to the modem?

Yeah I done all that before going on, I've currently got a Cat 7 cable connected between modem and router and between router and testing pc.

I may have solved the issue, but I'll run it past you;

So I thought I would do all the resets again starting from the DM200 modem, so reset that and connected direct to my "testing pc" to keep everything as close to possible, so did the modem set up, put all my ISP details into the various section etc.

Reset XR700 and connected to modem, and sole connection to "testing pc" as I was going through set up with XR700 it asked for my ISP login, but this time I thought the modem already has that info so why would I need to do that again, so in settings put that no login was required.

Continued with set up, then dis speed test etc and same result.....rage on lol

I then noticed at bottom of internet set up page that my internet connection may require a VLAN ID, so thought nowt to lose, entered in the VLAN of 101 as per BT info

applied everything and run a speed test and boom

Ping 22

DL 74

UL 19

Run a few tests and the results are very much within margins of error.

Does any of this make sense, or could this be a placebo effect (hope not) because if this works through tonight I will re-install the 3.0 and see if we get same results.

Feedback appreciated, and who knows the gaming connection may even be better in cold war lol

11 minutes ago, Guilders said:

Yeah I done all that before going on, I've currently got a Cat 7 cable connected between modem and router and between router and testing pc.

I may have solved the issue, but I'll run it past you;

So I thought I would do all the resets again starting from the DM200 modem, so reset that and connected direct to my "testing pc" to keep everything as close to possible, so did the modem set up, put all my ISP details into the various section etc.

Reset XR700 and connected to modem, and sole connection to "testing pc" as I was going through set up with XR700 it asked for my ISP login, but this time I thought the modem already has that info so why would I need to do that again, so in settings put that no login was required.

Continued with set up, then dis speed test etc and same result.....rage on lol

I then noticed at bottom of internet set up page that my internet connection may require a VLAN ID, so thought nowt to lose, entered in the VLAN of 101 as per BT info

applied everything and run a speed test and boom

Ping 22

DL 74

UL 19

Run a few tests and the results are very much within margins of error.

Does any of this make sense, or could this be a placebo effect (hope not) because if this works through tonight I will re-install the 3.0 and see if we get same results.

Feedback appreciated, and who knows the gaming connection may even be better in cold war lol

Sadly spoke too soon back to the atrocious internet speeds again 'sigh'

Is that the DM200 modem from Netgear. I don’t think that was a great success but have you a different router just to see if the results are the same. If they are then I would be looking at the DM200 or a line fault.

Also double check via WiFi test from say an iPad or iPhone just to insure it’s not an issue on your pc side.

The DM200 is the handshake so you need your login via the XR700.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Instead of the modem could you use the BT HH with the XR in the DMZ and see whether you get the same experience?

Also that monitor is the longest thing I've ever seen!

I can do that, probs be tomorrow now but will get things set up, let’s kids have some form of internet lol

aye it’s a beast of a monitor, Samsung 49” curved monitor 

46 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Is that the DM200 modem from Netgear. I don’t think that was a great success but have you a different router just to see if the results are the same. If they are then I would be looking at the DM200 or a line fault.

Also double check via WiFi test from say an iPad or iPhone just to insure it’s not an issue on your pc side.

Yeah it is, I’ve got an openreach one, have a shot to my brother but he’s never used it, he’s gonna bring it back hopefully at weekend, so will give that a try. 

ah ok, understood handshake but didn’t think of it in that way doh!! Will put details back in router 👍

I have been doing Wi-fi speed tests too from iMac and it’s pretty much the same 😳

I’ll try home hub in dmz like Fraser says until openreach modem appears

would you recommend a specific modem? Or are they all such and such?

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Nice shout, just so happened I went into one of the cupboards to get the HH and there was a vigor 130 modem, so I've thrown it on and set it all up and so far so good. Will test every 10 mins for an hour and see how it holds.

Great shout though on the DM200, first couple of 10 min tests in and all good

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Instead of the modem could you use the BT HH with the XR in the DMZ and see whether you get the same experience?

Also that monitor is the longest thing I've ever seen!

Right so just a wee update, I was looking for my HH when I came across the vigor 130 modem (thought I'd got rid of it lol) and I'd read what Newfie had said about the DM200 having issues, so I thought I'd throw on the vigor.

Anyways about 20 mins in and 3 tests done and all speed test in and around the same speeds etc, wether the "test pc" mobile phone laptop or ipad.

So hopefully issue is resolved, but will let you know for definite tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

@Netduma Fraser So its been 10 days roughly, I've now used 3 modems (netgear, Vigor, Openreach) and the HH (using DMZ) and I still get very slow speeds, completely out of the blue, its like the QoS is going nuts, but only on the D/L, tonight on gaming PC it was .30 D/L 15 U/L, on Mac it was 1.5 D/L and 13 U/L on iPhone it was 2.3 D/L and 15 U/L and back to gaming PC 1.10 D/L and 13.5 U/L 

When gaming I have the D/L set on 60% and U/L on 75%, this get set to always about 10-15 mins before gaming and then I set it to never after gaming session finished, that's the routine every day I game, and it seems every few days the above happens!!

I will be resetting it for the 3rd time in the last 10 days tomorrow (today by time you read it as it is 2am lol)

If it happens again I will revert back to non beta firmware and see if it happens again.

Any thoughts or guidance appreciated 

• Administrators

I would recommend that you upgrade to the beta version again or the non beta firmware but however you do it, do so via TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this bypasses the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset from the interface for the freshest install possible. Then see if it is more stable.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would recommend that you upgrade to the beta version again or the non beta firmware but however you do it, do so via TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this bypasses the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset from the interface for the freshest install possible. Then see if it is more stable.

I'll give that a go on Monday, not truly a tech whiz when it comes to the likes of this tftp stuff and all that but will read the guide and give it a go.

Just to confirm if I make a tit of it, the router won't be bricked?? expensive router to brick, even though it seems like its got as many glitches as Cold War