R2 or xr1000

Schwaaby03

I am looking to upgrade my router and am deciding between the r2 and xr1000. The price difference isn’t an issue. I have a ps5 and Xbox series x. I use Ethernet cables for both and am also looking to buy a new modem. Deciding between the Motorola mb8600 or the Arris surfboard sb2800. Just looking for some guidance would also take any recommendations for other modems that would maybe be better for my setup. My house is also larger and multiple stories so wifi range is important as well. I mainly play multiplayer games so speed and lag are important too. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Schwaaby03 said:

I am looking to upgrade my router and am deciding between the r2 and xr1000. The price difference isn’t an issue. I have a ps5 and Xbox series x. I use Ethernet cables for both and am also looking to buy a new modem. Deciding between the Motorola mb8600 or the Arris surfboard sb2800. Just looking for some guidance would also take any recommendations for other modems that would maybe be better for my setup. My house is also larger and multiple stories so wifi range is important as well. I mainly play multiplayer games so speed and lag are important too. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

The XR1000 includes Wi-Fi 6 as well as other hardware advantages over the R2, as you mentioned though it is more expensive. If the additional cost isn't a problem, go for the XR1000!

With regards to specific modem's I don't have experience with either of the two you've mentioned, perhaps other members of the community may be able to advise here.

@Schwaaby03 both of those modems are good imo.. I think the Arris your talking about though is the SB8200..Not the 2800.. Most seem to purchase the Motorola MB8600.. It does run cooler.. Both have good chipsets.. No puma6 in those.. If your purchasing your own modem the key is to make sure your up to date on the modems firmware.. Not sure who your ISP is but in my situation when one buys there own modem it becomes the owners responsibility to update the firmware of the modem.. Not sure if that will be the case for you or not but figured id mention it..

Good luck! 

Zippy.