FPS Hit Registration Issues

Chf Wiggum

So the server shows 30-35ms to New York. On paper it should be lighting fast. I think it is an ISP issue and perhaps server side but what I don't understand is how a server and ISP could be having issues with the data, yet the numbers show speeds faster than the human eye could perceive. If you go behind a wall or jump off a cliff and die a second later or get hit a second before and after you see someone, this is 100 - 200ms behind the competition. My question is how is this possible? If I am at 30ms the data is coming back and forth faster than can be perceived. So how is the competition 150ms ahead of me? It feels like the server gives the data faster to other players. Does this happen in FPS games? I have had games were it feels reversed although very rare, it drives me mad. Playing with my settings, buying different routers, calling my ISP for them to say everything is fine I feel like a junky trying to get that connection/feeling again with no luck. Yet my system says 29ms, lighting fast? 

1 hour ago, Chf Wiggum said:

So the server shows 30-35ms to New York. On paper it should be lighting fast. I think it is an ISP issue and perhaps server side but what I don't understand is how a server and ISP could be having issues with the data, yet the numbers show speeds faster than the human eye could perceive. If you go behind a wall or jump off a cliff and die a second later or get hit a second before and after you see someone, this is 100 - 200ms behind the competition. My question is how is this possible? If I am at 30ms the data is coming back and forth faster than can be perceived. So how is the competition 150ms ahead of me? It feels like the server gives the data faster to other players. Does this happen in FPS games? I have had games were it feels reversed although very rare, it drives me mad. Playing with my settings, buying different routers, calling my ISP for them to say everything is fine I feel like a junky trying to get that connection/feeling again with no luck. Yet my system says 29ms, lighting fast? 

Is it just the New York server you experience this on or are you getting the same experience across all servers?

17 minutes ago, Chf Wiggum said:

All 

The issue is likely you. TTK in these games is extremely fast, so if you are not the aggressor in most engagements, then you will die really fast. Playing at high MMR doesn't reward slow or campy playstyles. The advantage usually goes to the player with the most tactically aggressive and situationally aware playstyle. Nobody wants to admit when they suck, but this is how it is. You really have 2 choices. Learn to be more tactically aggressive and situationally aware or continue to play conservatively and be dominated.

Something I'm having to deal with recently is my response time. I'm almost 40 and can feel the effects of age on my ability to react fast enough. Adapting isn't easy, but that is what makes the game so fun. There is always something to work on for improvement.