Geofiltering to other areas

Pedain

Hi all,

I'm from the UK and have started to use the geo filter in US east, mainly due to never running into any hackers compared to EU, I can deal with the ping so it's not too bad. 

The only issue is it can take about 5+ mins to join a lobby, and then after the game it may never connect with a geo filter restart etc. 

Just wondering if there's anything I can try to speed up the server connections, I'm assuming it more on Warzone's end though

Thanks

How big is your radius/polygon on the east coast? If you've got it set to quite a small area you may find it will take a while to find anything! You can also check ping heatmap to see where the servers are over there and adjust your radius/polygon accordingly. 

You are right in saying that there are factors at play on the Warzone end too though, things like your rank/KD etc can have an effect.

No problem! Yeah there are plenty of theories as to what causes these delays in Warzone, some suggest that player local/close to the server are prioritised, but it's hard to tell really. Have you played since the new update? Apparently there have been some changes to matchmaking.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:38 AM, Pedain said:

Hi all,

I'm from the UK and have started to use the geo filter in US east, mainly due to never running into any hackers compared to EU, I can deal with the ping so it's not too bad. 

The only issue is it can take about 5+ mins to join a lobby, and then after the game it may never connect with a geo filter restart etc. 

Just wondering if there's anything I can try to speed up the server connections, I'm assuming it more on Warzone's end though

Thanks

Based on my experiences the last month, purchasing a VPN(I did expressvpn) and setting it up within the Netduma hybrid VPN tab makes it very easy to connect to whatever part of America you want quickly.  Your PC or console will show up in warzone in whatever area you choose. Otherwise just trying to use the geo-filter, queue times like you said takes a long long time. 

2 hours ago, mitchellc756 said:

Based on my experiences the last month, purchasing a VPN(I did expressvpn) and setting it up within the Netduma hybrid VPN tab makes it very easy to connect to whatever part of America you want quickly.  Your PC or console will show up in warzone in whatever area you choose. Otherwise just trying to use the geo-filter, queue times like you said takes a long long time. 

thanks for your reply, I already have a vpn with private internet access, any idea how i go about getting the config file for the hybrid vpn? thanks

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

No problem! Yeah there are plenty of theories as to what causes these delays in Warzone, some suggest that player local/close to the server are prioritised, but it's hard to tell really. Have you played since the new update? Apparently there have been some changes to matchmaking.

Haven't actually played since the new update, will give it a try at some point and see if i notice a difference thanks 

44 minutes ago, Pedain said:

thanks for your reply, I already have a vpn with private internet access, any idea how i go about getting the config file for the hybrid vpn? thanks

For me, I picked what city I want on express VPN under manual configuration, it downloads the file in the browser, I open it in a microsoft program then just paste the text into the hybrid vpn. 

17 hours ago, mitchellc756 said:

For me, I picked what city I want on express VPN under manual configuration, it downloads the file in the browser, I open it in a microsoft program then just paste the text into the hybrid vpn. 

Spot on thanks for your reply mate just managed to set it up, 

Just a question if you don't mind, are you still using the geo filter with the hybridvpn when searching for a game? I've tried both ways and some reason can't find anything.

Tried the vpn on its own in US for miami and never found a match 

On 2/27/2021 at 5:18 AM, Pedain said:

Spot on thanks for your reply mate just managed to set it up, 

Just a question if you don't mind, are you still using the geo filter with the hybridvpn when searching for a game? I've tried both ways and some reason can't find anything.

Tried the vpn on its own in US for miami and never found a match 

Sorry for the delayed response, but originally I was using both the Geo-filter and the hybrid VPN on my console IP address only. Since the new season update on Warzone, I've had issues with the geo-filter and can't find games easily. I turn it off and I'll find games pretty quick. This is just my opinion but it kind of seems like activision found out a way to counteract these routers at the moment. When setting my location on the VPN in Texas before the update i'd always play on the servers in Texas or Oklahoma but recently it's like it knows my console is still in California and I'm constantly getting put in the California lobbies closest to where I actually live which was never happening before.