Network Optimization (R2)

Wayne

I dunno?! Maybe I’m ignorant or maybe it’s specific to my network BUT, does the Congestive Control really work? I never really took it serious as something that actually does anything. 

After reading this thread, I decided to take time out late last night and run some test with the XR500. No matter what the sliders were tuned to, I would get different results on each and every test. I couldn’t fine tune and determine a result to stick with because if I ran the same test 5 times in a row, I would get 5 different results. If I changed the CC settings(sometime drastic), I would get similar erratic results. I performed the Benchmark test at full network capacity(all smart home devices connected) and without anything connected. The results were all over the place. 

My point is...for me, there’s nothing I can do to maintain an “optimized” connection because the Benchmark results don’t really reflect any changes from the CC. 

This is not a complaint. Just a personal observation. I can play Warzone fine in most settings but have noticed that if I reset my router before booting up my Xbox, my hit detection is much better than if I just booted up the Xbox without resetting the router. Most times I don’t feel like resetting the router and will just play. I’m just curious as to why resetting specifically has this effect?

I’ll be in a game and will get melted. As a joke, my team will say “Dude, you got melted...do you need to reset your router?”. They say this because they know, historically, whenever I reset the router and return, I’m suspiciously back to dropping bombs. 

• Administrators

That's more of a case that we need to improve how Connection Benchmark reports results rather than a reflection of QoS. Instead of CB use PingPlotter and do downloads/streams to saturate your connection instead http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping