XR1000 NAT and UPnP Not working

Greetings,

Over the I upgraded from the xr500 to the xr1000. The new router was set up from scratch (did not import the old configuration file). Great job improving the interface and new features in 3.0!

I am unable to maintain an open NAT type and the XBox (series X) does not recognize UPnP. Screen shots of the Xbox yelling at me and the appropriate settings from the xr1000 are attached.  I performed a hard reset of my modem, router, and xbox. Upon restart I had an open NAT and UPnP was recognized, but after a few games it reverted back to the prior state.

Do you hall have any insight on how I can correct this?

Thanks for your help.

Chad

IMG_1806.jpg

NAT.JPG

UPnP.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I bought xr1000 before few months, till this date is cant resolve this issue. i have same issue on my xbox series x always on moderate with upnp activated. i need help please share the fix. thank you in advance..

P.s : if i do nat testing like 2-5 times the nat comes to Open but wont stay open after few minutes, its ruining my pvp experience.

21 minutes ago, ericthegame said:

Hello, 

I bought xr1000 before few months, till this date is cant resolve this issue. i have same issue on my xbox series x always on moderate with upnp activated. i need help please share the fix. thank you in advance..

P.s : if i do nat testing like 2-5 times the nat comes to Open but wont stay open after few minutes, its ruining my pvp experience.

Welcome to the forum!

Can you let us know your exact physical setup? What's the make and model of your modem? Is it a pure modem (No Wi-Fi) or router/modem combo?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Can you let us know your exact physical setup? What's the make and model of your modem? Is it a pure modem (No Wi-Fi) or router/modem combo?

Thank you, 

My router xr1000  is connected isp modem which doesnt have any routing funtions, modem and router has wifi but i use xr1000 router wifi.

my isp is SFR box 8x , btw i'm a french thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, ericthegame said:

Thank you, 

My router xr1000  is connected isp modem which doesnt have any routing funtions, modem and router has wifi but i use xr1000 router wifi.

my isp is SFR box 8x , btw i'm a french thank you in advance.

OK, so is that other router you mention still connected? So your setup looks like this:

Modem -> router -> XR1000 -> Connected Devices

Or is that other router not connected anymore?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, so is that other router you mention still connected? So your setup looks like this:

Modem -> router -> XR1000 -> Connected Devices

Or is that other router not connected anymore?

Modem -> Xr1000 -> connected devices

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you put the XR WAN IP in the SFR DMZ? You will need to do that in order to get an Open NAT consistently.

Sfr had only one service activated which is uPNP , i have deactivated now.

Rebooted SFR

Rebooted xr1000

still have the issue

image.thumb.jpeg.46118b80e72f0a525b9505eef4565391.jpeg

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you so it does have a DMZ function, enable that, copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put that in there.

so what do i need to put in DMZ server and gateway

image.thumb.png.bb8658fa24813297ddaa87ec76340fcf.png

In xr1000, what do you want to enter in SFR box interface ? i have put xbox series x as dmz in 10.0.0.5

image.thumb.png.5e8327a4d82ba72f3edf749d2914b5fd.png

image.thumb.png.79382027ba44f8c9a0d18d5998611d3d.png

image.thumb.png.bdeb02e994d389aa3e3de269c7277721.png

• Administrators

Copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page, put that in the IPv4 DMZ on the SFR, disable the IPv6 DMZ, then you don't have to do anything else. Also if you're using the DMZ on the XR you don't need the port forwarding rules, so I would recommend deleting those. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page, put that in the IPv4 DMZ on the SFR, disable the IPv6 DMZ, then you don't have to do anything else. Also if you're using the DMZ on the XR you don't need the port forwarding rules, so I would recommend deleting those. 

sorry i ddint understand , can you give the values to enter ? thank you

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ericthegame said:

sorry i ddint understand , can you give the values to enter ? thank you

1. Access the XR1000 Interface
  2. Go to the System Information page
  3. Find "WAN IP" in the center of the page
  4. Copy the IP
  5. Access the SFR Interface
  6. Paste into IPv4 DMZ
  7. Disable IPv6 DMZ