I'm a noob to the XR500 (about a week now) and this forum. In an attempt to improve my gaming experience I went to replace my old Netgear router with the Linksys WRT32xb and simply could not get good performance out of it. I then returned the Linksys and replaced it with the XR500. The router, the dumaOS, and the interface are great.
Can someone provide feedback as to how I have my XR500 configured, especially as it applies to Titanfall 2. I have 100 down, 10 up from Comcast and am using a Netgear CM600 modem to connect to the router. The XBox X is hard wired from the router to the console.
Taking this in order of the settings pages:
- I have the DNS pointed to google on both the router and XBX.
- The XBX reserved ip address is entered as the DMZ, my NAT is set to open, and I have reserved the XBX ip address in the LAN section.
- UPnP is on
- Although I used Port Forwarding with my old router, I found that doing this with the XR500 decreased performance.
- Anti-buffer bloat is set to 60% both ways and I have allocated 60% of up/down to my console (please don't tell my wife)
- I am in spectating mode and the Geofilter is set to the TF2 default.
- I do have my ipv6 active, but I've read in some of these forums to turn it off. My service does provide ipv6 and was used with my old router.
The dashboard indicates that my ping usually ranges between 50-60, but will spike in the 100's. Oddly, the first night I used the router my ping was at about 40. XBX gives me a latency of ~52.
Any sage advice would be appreciated!