9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The XR700 DumaOS 3.0 beta is currently ongoing, that will likely be the next full release for the XR700!

Liam one question if I have gigabit internet should i keep qos on or off

Will affect traffic of packets on the router 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Redarkside34 said:

Liam one question if I have gigabit internet should i keep qos on or off

Will affect traffic of packets on the router 

With those speeds you are very unlikely to have any local congestion so it is entirely up to you, though you should be able to get very high speeds even with using QoS so it's up to you whether you think it improves your online experience or not. If it is on then it will affect the packets based on the settings you have, without it will not affect the packets.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Redarkside34 said:

My shot feel bit delayed when turn off with qos Is I get 850/890

That's probably because Traffic Prioritization won't have been prioritizing your game packets. That's pretty good, did you lower Congestion Control?

With Congestion Control set to never, you're not throttling anything so QoS isn't really being used! However as Fraser said, with your kind of bandwidth you probably won't be experiencing any local congestion. As a test, set the sliders to around 50% and select 'Always' or 'Auto-Enable' and see how that feels in-game.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Netduma Liam said:

With Congestion Control set to never, you're not throttling anything so QoS isn't really being used! However as Fraser said, with your kind of bandwidth you probably won't be experiencing any local congestion. As a test, set the sliders to around 50% and select 'Always' or 'Auto-Enable' and see how that feels in-game.

Which is firmware is more stable 3.0 or the one netgear release few weeks ago I noticed on 3.0 I lose a bit of speeds compared to the update the netgear release I get much closer to my gigabit speeds

9 hours ago, Redarkside34 said:

Which is firmware is more stable 3.0 or the one netgear release few weeks ago I noticed on 3.0 I lose a bit of speeds compared to the update the netgear release I get much closer to my gigabit speeds

The 3.0 firmware is still in beta so the full release firmware should in theory be more stable, that being said the beta firmware is looking pretty good so hopefully you shouldn't have any stability issues with either.

How much speeds are we talking? Is this the case with QoS completely disabled?

29 minutes ago, Redarkside34 said:

Getting  750/780 with qos on and with qos off 830/940 I get 918/930 on older firmware but hit detection feels terrible on those firmware and the new one netgear release 

QoS can have an impact on throughput so it could be the QoS is more optimised if that’s the right word but it’s taxing the processing power more on the router. 

2 minutes ago, Newfie said:

QoS can have an impact on throughput so it could be the QoS is more optimised if that’s the right word but it’s taxing the processing power more on the router. 

Could be can't really say but the XR700  has quad core processor I don't know if problem with the current firmware or dpi issue 🤔

13 minutes ago, Redarkside34 said:

Could be can't really say but the XR700  has quad core processor I don't know if problem with the current firmware or dpi issue 🤔

It is quad core but without me looking it could have processors for DPI and while it’s fairly powerful in performance the higher the throughput the more is taxes the processor. 
750 is still not bad if it’s doing a load of work,  after all the processors in the XR700 are knocking on a bit now compared to the newer generation stuff and it’s 32bit. 

24 minutes ago, Newfie said:

It is quad core but without me looking it could have processors for DPI and while it’s fairly powerful in performance the higher the throughput the more is taxes the processor. 
750 is still not bad if it’s doing a load of work,  after all the processors in the XR700 are knocking on a bit now compared to the newer generation stuff and it’s 32bit. 

Yea it still impressive router can't wait for the full release for 3.0 for this router Going be more of beast but i imagine  if netgear will make router more powerful than xr700 with quad core 64 bit and wifi 6 or 6e

32 minutes ago, Newfie said:

One question Newfie can I run Exitlag with dumaos at same time I'm mainly a pc gamer sometimes use my consoles

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Redarkside34 said:

One question Newfie can I run Exitlag with dumaos at same time I'm mainly a pc gamer sometimes use my consoles

You can use both if you would like to. In my experience the people that benefit from this the most are in places where routing to game servers is sub optimal such as in the middle east or asia.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can use both if you would like to. In my experience the people that benefit from this the most are in places where routing to game servers is sub optimal such as in the middle east or asia.

Thanks for the advice Fraser will you guys have something similar to exitlag in future