XR 500 Dumas OS 3.0

I’m confused. Is there a beta for the XR 500 and Dumas OS 3.0? I upgraded to the latest firmware but that seemed to make geofiltering not work with the current OS. It’s not clear to me where to download and install OS 3.0.  Am I supposed to be on .114 or .66 ? Is 3.0 stable and secure? 

thanks! 

Welcome to the forum!

There is indeed a 3.0 beta for the XR500! It's looking to be pretty stable at the moment, but of course it is a beta so there's still the possibility you could run into a bug!

If you're interested, you can check it out here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

The latest official beta release for the XR500 is .108

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

There is indeed a 3.0 beta for the XR500! It's looking to be pretty stable at the moment, but of course it is a beta so there's still the possibility you could run into a bug!

If you're interested, you can check it out here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

The latest official beta release for the XR500 is .108

How more time we users of xr-routers will wait for a final duma os 3.0

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

We don't have an exact date yet, but the recent releases for the XR500 are looking pretty good so I'd hope it wouldn't be too long now

The recent release have fix the bug of QOS UPLOUD dont work with users that have to use vlan tags 

• Administrators

I'm not sure if it's been addressed specifically as we haven't fully released it and therefore no change log but this version does have a lot of fixes. Upgrade then factory reset and see if it works better now https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Azimuth5 said:

Hi Fraser. Am I supposed to use V2 - the one you just posted or the one at the top of this thread 108? 

I would go with the one I have linked as it is the very latest beta version with quite a few fixes and in my opinion the most stable build yet.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

One more bug  that not been resolved from past duma os 2.0

I only use port-1 and my front led is on on eth1 and my rear label is 1

That's a very minor aesthetic one. Apparently ours is listed correctly as their board is the wrong way around so devs don't want to change it but I'm pushing for that.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

And why the firmware in diferent windows have diferent inputs

The actual router board is back to front so they accounted for that but we didn't so ours is technically correct but we'll change that but there are other priorities at the moment.