The R2 ongoing issues / Frustration...

willthetech

So since I got the latest update, it seems the net duma will work for a few days, then out of nowhere, my internet will stop working. Now before you guys start questioning my internet provider, I have another router (in place now) and its been running for over a month now with no issues.

Things I have done…

Restart usually works, but  few days later back on the wagon. Connect my TP link no issues for days. I did a full reset (button press on back), few days later back to same. And again TP Link to the rescue…my next step is to re-flashed it, but honestly at this point I think I am giving up on it. This is R1 all over again… I cant count on the R2 to be my main router, my wife and kids need to be able to have internet for work and school. If I am not home at that time then everyone is screwed, and the blaming starts. Even my wife is mocking me now with the R2…every time something related to internet happens I get the “is the netdonot” connected again…

All I am asking is to get some better results here, it’s obvious I am not the only one with issues here, this forum is full of people complaining about the R2…

Just please fix it…if you can’t then fine. Just tell us so we can move on. .

Anyway I’ll be TP Linking from now on, hopefully in a few weeks we have a fix…

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Biird said:

facts seems like only 2 people are working on the update...

Sorry to hear that is your opinion but we have significantly scaled up our work force over the last few years and have quite a few developers now working on DumaOS.

3 hours ago, Biird said:

facts seems like only 2 people are working on the update...

Support forums normally don’t have posts saying how happy they are, it’s normally when they have an issue and that’s the same if you look at Netgears forum, Ubiquity or the Arlo forum however if you look at the percentage sold to issues it’s low.

Thats not to say the R2 is perfect, no router is, yes I know Apple routers of old  just worked but you could do nothing with them and the lack of a firewall is an issue. A lot of routers just work but they are basic, they don’t offer the user much interaction and as you move to routers that offer greater control it’s going to be hard not to have bugs and that’s the same with Cisco and Ubiquity who offer endless control but suffer irritating issues that some end-users come across. 
Look at the mess AX routers were when released, some still are far from perfect. 

Yes you could rush an update out but it’s best to have a solid update rather than a half baked one. Some companies offer this approach, Ubiquity do but you should see the complaints even though they offer Beta firmware. 

There’s also the end users perceived performance of said router, ie the WiFi is weak and to be honest there is no way the R2 can compete with wave 2 or AX and that was never its intention. There are limits to what all routers can achieve via WiFi, it’s very complex and just because the router can chuck a signal right out does no mean the client can respond or is having lots of retransmission of data hogging up the airtime which slows down the network. 

in a perfect world everything you purchase would just work, sadly that’s not the case for everyone. 

With the R2 you might not have a large company like Asus behind it but what you do have is a team that are passionate about their products, are gamers and rather than walk the straight and narrow they want to offer a unique experience. They have not taken the easy route of offering third parties to route your game like others have. 
you also have if I can say one of the best support forums of any router manufacturer, might not always be what you wish to hear but try Netgears or Arlo and try talking directly talking to employees, it’s non existent and relies on end users helping each other.