179 & S21 Ultra

juliusgy

My S21 Ultra was not seeing the 5Ghz band on the router, I had to downgrade to 123 and use a channel higher than 149 for it to even appear in the phone's WIFI list.

So if anyone else has this combo of devices then you may need to downgrade to connect to the 5Ghz WIFI, 2Ghz is very limited.

1 hour ago, juliusgy said:

My S21 Ultra was not seeing the 5Ghz band on the router, I had to downgrade to 123 and use a channel higher than 149 for it to even appear in the phone's WIFI list.

So if anyone else has this combo of devices then you may need to downgrade to connect to the 5Ghz WIFI, 2Ghz is very limited.

Hello and welcome to the forum. What version of firmware was you running when you had to downgrade?

2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. What version of firmware was you running when you had to downgrade?

I was running the latest 179, but it didn't have the option of selecting a channel above 80

54 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you broadcasting the two channels individually or are they combined?

Broadcasting the channels individually.

At first they were combined and I was confused as to how the speedtest on the phone was so slow, that's when I separated them and the phone couldn't see the 5G network.

Apparently the Ultra has a WIFI 6e modem.... first in a phone.

At first they were combined and I was confused as to how the speedtest on the phone was so slow, that's when I separated them and the phone couldn't see the 5G network.

OK, I'm not sure why this would of happened, I'll see if I can re-create it as you're now back on .123.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, I'm not sure why this would of happened, I'll see if I can re-create it as you're now back on .123.

I have another 5G network in my house and that one displayed fine, but the channel was also above 140.

I've seen others report the issue with the phone so it may not be specific to R2.

It should still connect to legacy WiFi, 6E will need a 6E router to take advantage of that and only a few are going to be available soon and are pricey as they are based on the top tier routers ie RAXE500. 
Your phone will revert back to AC on any Netduma router, could be a driver issue on the Samsung maybe.

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

It should still connect to legacy WiFi, 6E will need a 6E router to take advantage of that and only a few are going to be available soon and are pricey as they are based on the top tier routers ie RAXE500. 
Your phone will revert back to AC on any Netduma router, could be a driver issue on the Samsung maybe.

I agree that's what should happen. Nothing worked until I used the higher channel though.... It may very well be something on the phone.