XR500 Firewall Settings

Hi again,

after some issues with the Hybrid VPN im running into the next Problem 😭

I need to open the XR500 firewall for a special IP Range.

Short Overview to my Network:

XR500-> Network 192.168.5.0

Modem->Firewall/DNS->

other Router-> Network 192.168.6.0

So i must reach the 192.168.6.0 from the 192.168.5.0.

My other router has detailed options for setting up the firewall and add exeptions -> no Problem to reach 192.168.6.0 behind this router.

But where can i find firewall settings in DumaOS, are they hidden (Expert Mode) ?

What's the reason for needing them to be connected in this way? Perhaps we can assist or work around it?

Already did  ...

Have 2 Networks, need to connect them.

Why -> buisness Network and private Network.

Just before you ask me -> No its not possible to have all in one Network.

I'm curious how you will fix this without firewall options .... waiting for response

17 hours ago, EmuMartin said:

Already did  ...

Have 2 Networks, need to connect them.

Why -> buisness Network and private Network.

Just before you ask me -> No its not possible to have all in one Network.

I'm curious how you will fix this without firewall options .... waiting for response

OK, as Fraser said this won't be possible unless you use a hub to connect them to the modem. I don't have any information as to whether Netgear plan on adding firewall settings to the Nighthawk Pro Gaming range, but as Newfie mentions it's typically not such a common feature for this demographic.

Why is it not possible to have an all in 1, ok you would need to have a router that would offer a complete isolation from one to the other which I take it you would have so that nothing can be reached from one network to the other via firewall settings. 
when you say other routers do I take it you have checked for isolation as you don’t want any type of access normally unless you want to share a device between the 2 networks.

Here I created a separate network and fully isolated 168.6 from my other network which you can test with a terminal. The trouble is Netgear will not allow that level control as it’s not aimed at that kind of market. The problem you have is one line and you want gaming features but a secure setup via a separate network and that’s not possible with any of the gaming routers from NG. My RAX120 can’t either and has no ability to create or alter firewall rules. 

the problem you have is one line and you want the gaming features of Duma so you need to find a router that offers that noting not all can allow other routers to be connected ie no DMZ and unable to alter NAT. Your safest bet to protect business info and to have a secure network that side and to also have a gaming router with functions is 2 lines into your property.

BCCFED2A-DB86-4DD9-9617-B3430AF0F0F8.jpeg