Ping assist not working

Old J

Yo!

Im been trying to use the ping assist as a ping filter. I set the geofilter in the ocean, filter on, strict mode on. If i set the ping assist to 30 all servers shows as ping assist servers when i launch the game and the in-game ping still often is 40-60ms. I know there is servers that i have 27-30 ms on, but the filter dont block the other servers.

PS: would be really helpful with the ping heatmap. Please give us some good news on when DumaOS 3.0 is releasing on the xr300 :D

Thanks for posting!

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when you get a game? It makes sense that all servers show as ping assist servers for this method.

If you're seeing a big difference between what you see in-game and on the geo-filter page, it may be due to the server being busy. Try forcing a different server and see if the issue remains.

The auto ping says nothing 😬 i dont get the ping-graph. I also noticed that if i turn off auto ping host i cant manually ping. Its just loading in forever and nothing happens. 

• Administrators

Could you try a game that isn't CoD please? CoD have stopped responding to traditional pings so we do something clever to get it to respond but this may not be working on your version. If another game pings then that is almost certainly the case.

I dont have any games atm really. But it seems logical what you say about cod not responding to traditional pings. I’ll update this post as soon as i have other games installed. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Old J said:

I dont have any games atm really. But it seems logical what you say about cod not responding to traditional pings. I’ll update this post as soon as i have other games installed. 

For Ping Heatmap which pings all the servers, it's a problem we run into frequently and have to update them a lot. Let us know when you've managed to try another game - it may be we need to do something specifically for the 300 or when the beta arrives it will be fixed there. You could try Apex Legends for example as it is free and a very good game too.