Xr500 beta 114

Hello after upgrading to the latest beta I'm getting odd readings on the connection benchmark ping under load. On the first beta the tests would freeze and stop after 3 tests. But if I set up qos before I do a test I was getting good download ping under load tests. Now with qos on set to always and running the tests ping under load doesn't seem to change regardless of settings is this an issue you guys are aware of. I have read some stuff on the netgear forum suggesting ping under load test isn't showing correctly 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We haven't fully released that firmware yet so we may still do some more testing/release another version but did you do a factory reset after upgrading?

Yep done that. What is the most stable version currently. Think I've had issues with geo filter both times on the beta versions I've used. After a first time use they seem to keep hold of those settings without properly reapplying the new ones. I've tried console off delete from geo flush cloud reset ping assist.... then re added the playstation and geo filter location. But once everything is turned back on the same servers from previous seem to be the ones it remembers and connects to again 🤔

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire QoS page just so I can check please? You need to wait 2 minutes ideally for connections to be severed before searching again like that. Most stable beta version is very subjective, I think the .114 one is personally so far.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire QoS page just so I can check please? You need to wait 2 minutes ideally for connections to be severed before searching again like that. Most stable beta version is very subjective, I think the .114 one is personally so far.

hello after going back and forward with firmwares my findings are. 

104 fails test at download ping under load

108 fails the same place sometimes at the start

114 always completes the test but ping under load is very off or something more serious as when im playing warzone the connection feels very different than when im on Duma os v2 firmware .66

with beta 104 and 108 my ping under load always came back fairly decent upload aroumd 20ms and download around the idle line however im struggling to show download ping under load anymore even on 104 and factory resetting. ive attached 104 with ping underload upload around 20ms and 114 not changing at all. all tests have been done with qos on bandwidth set to 75/17 always on and also tried with disabled.

sky broadband openreach hg612 straight to the xr500

114 beta.png

104 bench.png

qos.png

So on .104, you were experiencing the same problems with QoS enabled and fully disabled? Were you disabling by selecting 'never' in Congestion Control, or by going to the three-line menu and selecting 'Disable QoS'?

Could you provide a screenshot of .114 after it completes the test? Or just let me know roughly what the results were?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

So on .104, you were experiencing the same problems with QoS enabled and fully disabled? Were you disabling by selecting 'never' in Congestion Control, or by going to the three-line menu and selecting 'Disable QoS'?

Could you provide a screenshot of .114 after it completes the test? Or just let me know roughly what the results were?

On 104 I managed to complete 2 tests before it froze. The results gave better ping under load tests. With and without qos on by the 3 lines. I have attached 114 benchmark above its both versions 

20 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

On 104 I managed to complete 2 tests before it froze. The results gave better ping under load tests. With and without qos on by the 3 lines. I have attached 114 benchmark above its both versions 

Were you factory resetting each time you upgraded the firmware? This is suggest because it clears out any low-level code that could still be hanging around after an upgrade.

1 minute ago, Netduma Liam said:

Were you factory resetting each time you upgraded the firmware? This is suggest because it clears out any low-level code that could still be hanging around after an upgrade.

Yep I've even down graded today to 104 and reset through the pin hoping to complete a benchmark test with no luck. When downgrading and resetting from pin I did get a fresh ui all settings reset properly. After upgrading to 114 and resetting through pin the ui is still holding info.

What I mean is this. After a firmware update and factory resetting the previous settings remain visible but not actually active or setup. So I upgraded to 114 factory reset and went over to my qos page. Settings showed me that my speed was set and my percentages at 70%. I thought okay don't need to do anything there its all set up. I then go to connection benchmark mark and do a test it gives me results of 74/out of 1gb download and 17/out of 1gb upload. We know the 1gb is pre setup before you do anything so what that is telling me is the ui is showing information not actually active. All I simply do is readjust my speeds and sliders turn always on off and back on. And I'm in business. This isn't a massive concern to me as I've figured it out but I do see alot of people saying there qos isn't working and other stuff. Maybe it's because the ui is showing them fauls info. When I go back to connection benchmark and run the test I get 74/74mb down 17/17up showing me that the settings on qos are now active

Hope that makes some sense 😅🙈 just trying to help out