whats this error

23 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Where are you getting that? Is that in a particular Rapp?

Have you tried giving the R1 a reboot?

its on Nighthawk XR1000, it occurs during turning AUTO congestion control  to always enable - never - or auto.   

Regardless

I am sending this Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 router back, as I dont like Netgear Armour ( Bitfender stuff)  I want router where I can configure my own VPN without any bullshit. thinking of buying Asus RT-AX5300 Ax5300 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, S13 said:

its on Nighthawk XR1000, it occurs during turning AUTO congestion control  to always enable - never - or auto.   

Regardless

I am sending this Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 router back, as I dont like Netgear Armour ( Bitfender stuff)  I want router where I can configure my own VPN without any bullshit. thinking of buying Asus RT-AX5300 Ax5300 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router

What firmware version are you on? You can disable Armor - you don't need to use it, then you could use Hybrid VPN or a VPN on your PC without issue.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What firmware version are you on? You can disable Armor - you don't need to use it, then you could use Hybrid VPN or a VPN on your PC without issue.

is this the firmware ? and Hybrid VPN is supported on XR1000 ? I dont see it as option any where. please advise. as I almost started RMA process :P

thanks

image.thumb.png.54d6baf363e47c5cb848dba5cafb62e9.png

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's the correct firmware, you can disable Armor from the Nighthawk App on your phone. Ah yes, my apologies, not currently available on the 1000 but it may come in future. 

so thats essentially £340 router with basic privacy feature missing or forced to pay extra $100/year for unlimited Bitdefender VPN.  you know what? this is going back :D    I might order R2 in future.