XR1000 dropping connection

I've been using the Netduma R2 for a few months and I just recently upgraded to the XR1000. 

The issue is that it randomly drops connection multiple times a day.

My modem stays online, just the nighthawk goes off.

It's an issue because I'm at work all day and if it drops, everyone at home is without internet all day.

And it also drops while I'm playing online sometimes. 

Is this a known issue with a known fix?

• Administrators

Is it a pure modem or one with WiFi? I haven't seen a specific issue on that with the 1000 but it may be the DHCP issue that Netgear are currently investigating. In Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status what is the DHCP lease obtained and expired times?

On 1/30/2021 at 6:23 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay this is probably the DHCP issue but they are actively investigating it so chances are they'll have a fix soon. Have you experienced the issue since you did a reset?

Yea, it still happens 

1 hour ago, SendNukes said:

But if it was a dhcp lease issue, wouldn't it only disconnect temporarily, then reassign?

This issue im having kick my router offline until I reset it

Possibly, but the issue may be with the re-assigning part, like Fraser said it's still being investigated so it's hard to say

On 1/28/2021 at 6:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it a pure modem or one with WiFi? I haven't seen a specific issue on that with the 1000 but it may be the DHCP issue that Netgear are currently investigating. In Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status what is the DHCP lease obtained and expired times?

Ok im looking at it now.

Lease obtained: 1 day 

Lease expires: 21 hours 4 minutes