My PC is not listed in Device Manager

Good Afternoon

I have tried restarting the router and device. I've even tried a factory reset of the router but my PC will not appear in Device manager. It was in there 2 days ago and now nothing. 

When i went on this morning i got an error straight away on the geo-filter saying the device has a mismatch and my device is not listed in there now either.

Yet another issue with this router....

Any Ideas?

I've just made a post after you because I have internet issues with my PC since this morning. When I logged in to routerlogin on my phone I saw that my PC was "Offline". It doesn't show up in the Network usage even though it's wired and using internet (although really struggling). As you said yet another issue with this router... And like last time out of nowhere!

On 1/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It may be appearing under a different name, if you check the IP on the PC itself and check the devices listed on the Device Manager do any of them match?

Yeah ive tried this and still nothing. No list of my device by name or by ip address.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, zxpro said:

I've just made a post after you because I have internet issues with my PC since this morning. When I logged in to routerlogin on my phone I saw that my PC was "Offline". It doesn't show up in the Network usage even though it's wired and using internet (although really struggling). As you said yet another issue with this router... And like last time out of nowhere!

This is one of the worst routers i have used tbh.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Open command prompt on the PC in question then type

ipconfig

press enter and post the results here please.

I'm not being funny but im a Cisco qualified engineer. I have done all of the troubleshooting of this issue and its related to this router. I have had issue after issue with this router. I have now gone ahead and done another factory reset around the 100th one of this routers life. My PC is now showing in the device manager but now when I go to Geo-Filter i cant add a device because it says Uncaught Unmatched device.

I appreciate all your help from everyone at Netduma but this Netgear Router is awful. 250 pound for this router and its one of the worst i have had. 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I still need to rule things out, what router and firmware version are you using exactly?

XR500 Router and the version of firmware is the 3.0 Beta. I have had these seem issues with all firmware versions tho. 

Another issue i have found last night is if i put my Virgin Super hub back into Router mode and put a game on my ping is around 30ms. Once the XR500 is connected and my super hub is back into Modem mode my ping is double that and its around 60ms. 

Like i say i appreciate all the help i get off NetDuma but this router is really starting to frustrate me.  I dont want to come over that im blaming netduma for this router at all. Netgear support is non existing and there have actually told me i need to pay £79.99 for 1 year support.  

The latest version of that beta is v2.3.2.108, just doublecheck that's what you're on.

Do you have Geo-filter setup on the XR? Presumably you're seeing this 30ms vs 60ms in game rather than on the XR?

We appreciate your patience and cooperation with us, I get that it's frustrating and we really are doing our best to help!

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The latest version of that beta is v2.3.2.108, just doublecheck that's what you're on.

Do you have Geo-filter setup on the XR? Presumably you're seeing this 30ms vs 60ms in game rather than on the XR?

We appreciate your patience and cooperation with us, I get that it's frustrating and we really are doing our best to help!

Okay i have checked the version and im on a older version of the beta. I'm on v2.3.2.104 - So i will upgrade this now.

I did have the Geo-Filter setup but now its giving me an error when trying to add a device.  When i was comparing the ping it was in XR software and i was seeing 60ms to a UK server in Warzone and Apex. 

When i was connected to just the super hub, I was getting the reading from Glasswire software.... 

Okay i have now done a firmware update and factory reset. My device is now showing and i can now add it to the geo-filter. 

I will report back after a gaming session tonight. Hopefully it will be better then what i have been getting

Okay so last nights session did not go to plan at all. 

Geo-Filter just never worked - so i had to turn it off to get any game at all. I do think my general internet is not working the way it should at the moment so I do have a network engineer coming out on Monday from virgin media. 

Playing warzone I was getting a ping of around 50ms to 100ms with 10 to 15% packet drop. 

Virgin Media have been a massive disappointment over the last few months, I'm really thinking of leaving and going with Zen Internet but its just the massive hit in speed that's stopping me at  the moment. In my area I can only get around 68mbps from Zen. Where with virgin media I'm on there 350mbps package

• Administrators

Did anything appear on the map at all? I've been having a few problems with Virgin as well, they can be a bit unstable, annoyingly they were perfect on 350Mbps for me, upgraded to 500Mbps and that's when problems started to arise, typical!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did anything appear on the map at all? I've been having a few problems with Virgin as well, they can be a bit unstable, annoyingly they were perfect on 350Mbps for me, upgraded to 500Mbps and that's when problems started to arise, typical!

Yes one player in the middle of the sea...over the last few months virgin media have been a massive disappointment. Yes my speed is 350mbps constant but my ping is double and i have around 80% packet drop at times  

• Administrators

That's an anomaly that one but should have shown icons if that one appeared. So maybe try:

1. Completely quit the game and client, from the system tray as well.
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

I've noticed recently that the coax cable connected to the hub, the pin that enters the hub was actually bent. I put it in a position to be as straight as possible relative to where the cable comes in and that has improved things. I plan to replace to cable myself as I think that will further improve it. Maybe something to look into or mention to the engineer - he'll probably check that anyway. Also just a reminder, remove any traces of third party routers like ours from the vicinity - if they see that they may try to blame it.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's an anomaly that one but should have shown icons if that one appeared. So maybe try:

1. Completely quit the game and client, from the system tray as well.
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

I've noticed recently that the coax cable connected to the hub, the pin that enters the hub was actually bent. I put it in a position to be as straight as possible relative to where the cable comes in and that has improved things. I plan to replace to cable myself as I think that will further improve it. Maybe something to look into or mention to the engineer - he'll probably check that anyway. Also just a reminder, remove any traces of third party routers like ours from the vicinity - if they see that they may try to blame it.

So i have done this and all i get is the same player but this time he is blocked? I took this snip while COD was searching for a game

blocked player.PNG

On 1/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's just an anomaly, it shows a local IP I believe but it doesn't impact your game experience at all. You can try allowing it if you wish.

I just left it blocked.

I had a virgin media engineer at my home yesterday and he seen the issues i was having and he admitted its like that due to Overutilization and basically said there is nothing he could do for me. He had a few tests and seen that the ping would go from 20-40ms baseline ping to around 80 to 100ms within seconds. Generally the jump in the ping is when you start a game up or discord or even microsoft teams. 

So now i have a difficult  decision to make. Do i leave virgin media and go over to Zen and take a massive speed hit or do i stay with virgin media and hope the Overutilization issue is just because of COVID and people working from home.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Dialatech said:

I just left it blocked.

I had a virgin media engineer at my home yesterday and he seen the issues i was having and he admitted its like that due to Overutilization and basically said there is nothing he could do for me. He had a few tests and seen that the ping would go from 20-40ms baseline ping to around 80 to 100ms within seconds. Generally the jump in the ping is when you start a game up or discord or even microsoft teams. 

So now i have a difficult  decision to make. Do i leave virgin media and go over to Zen and take a massive speed hit or do i stay with virgin media and hope the Overutilization issue is just because of COVID and people working from home.

Thanks

Ahh OK, fair enough. Hopefully it improves when people start going back into the office.