Need help for Warzone

Heiko

Hello

My location is Germany and I set the geo filter for my Xbox in filtering mode. Distance to 500km, strict mode on, auto ping enabled, ping assist to 30ms. I find lobbys and have a good connection but sometimes it crashes my lobby and it says no xbox connection. And it is every round if go to my friends lobby and he is searching. Can anyone help me? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Just to clarify, you only get that issue when your friend is the party leader? If so that makes sense because they will be able to connect to any server but you will be restricting the search. You either need to be the party leader or disable the Geo-Filter when they are the leader and that will resolve the issue.

Thanks for your answer. 

The most of the time I have this issue if my friends are the leader. But yesterday I have this as I was the leader in 2 rounds. After 6 matches without any problem. 

That's the strange thing. Maybe you can tell me the best settings for German locations or with strict mode on or off? 

• Administrators

When you were the leader did it just send you all back to the lobby or did it disconnect you from your friends? When it happens do you see anything blocked on the map? Definitely strict mode on I would suggest.

It send me to back to the start menu with the texting 'network issue from xbox' 

I got auto ping on and it is for a few seconds ping und tickrate to 0. After a few seconds everything is fine. Maybe it is the peer connection? 

And I play crossplay. Because my friends are on Playstation. 

I test it with the disable of the filtering mode. And look at the map if something blocked on the map. Maybe it would help. 

I have not the new dumaos 3.0 version where I can see the ping heatmap. 

Thanks for your help. Maybe I do a hard reset also. 

• Administrators

Okay let us know how you get on. You can find the beta here if you want to try it: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

So maybe a cross compatibility issue, I don't think we block cross compatibility as they don't appear on the map and can be connected to without specifically allowing them.

OK I tested some settings. Is it possible that my ping assist with 30ms is to low? If I Start warzone sometimes the geo filter shows no server and I can't start the game. After a few trys it work. But if I set ping assist at 60ms he finds server and starts normal. 

7 hours ago, Heiko said:

OK I tested some settings. Is it possible that my ping assist with 30ms is to low? If I Start warzone sometimes the geo filter shows no server and I can't start the game. After a few trys it work. But if I set ping assist at 60ms he finds server and starts normal. 

Yeah that's possible if there's not an available server below 30ms! 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah that's possible if there's not an available server below 30ms! 

Yes I think this is the problem. 

But what happens with the geo filter if I set ping assist at zero. Or is it better the ping assist at maybe 150ms. So he find maybe better servers without a disconnect?

36 minutes ago, Heiko said:

Yes I think this is the problem. 

But what happens with the geo filter if I set ping assist at zero. Or is it better the ping assist at maybe 150ms. So he find maybe better servers without a disconnect?

If you set ping assist to 0 then it will only find you a game within your search radius/polygon. If you set ping assist to 150 you will likely find a game but it may be a very poor in-game experience. That being said, if you are in spectator mode then it doesn't matter what your settings are, they won't be enforced.

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you set ping assist to 0 then it will only find you a game within your search radius/polygon. If you set ping assist to 150 you will likely find a game but it may be a very poor in-game experience. That being said, if you are in spectator mode then it doesn't matter what your settings are, they won't be enforced.

Ok thank you. 

I think that the best way for me is the ping assist set to 0 and search within my radius. In Germany with 700km radius are many available servers I think. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Heiko said:

Ok thank you. 

I think that the best way for me is the ping assist set to 0 and search within my radius. In Germany with 700km radius are many available servers I think. 

There should be plenty within that radius, search that way, identify any servers that give you the best performance then you could adjust the radius/location to force those specifically.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

There should be plenty within that radius, search that way, identify any servers that give you the best performance then you could adjust the radius/location to force those specifically.

Ok now I have some new informations. If play with wlan everything is OK. But if I plug the Lan cable in they kick me out and there is in the Xbox settings something with toredo filter. But I found nothing in the dumaos with teredo filter or what this is. 

OK I don't find the way to work perfect. I will always disconnect from xbox live. Sometimes it works 2 or 3 hours und sometimes not. Maybe I need a complete hard reset from the router? 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you know if you have an Open NAT? Teredo is connected to NAT. You could try a factory reset yes and setting up from scratch. What is your exact physical setup first?

Yes always open nat. 

But now I'm confused. I found a thread that there is a problem with the Xbox series x with the internet connection. There are many many people they say they have problems with the internet and disconnects in games. Like my problem. So I think that is the problem. And I have to wait for an firmware update for the Xbox series x.