GeoFilter not working on XR500

Hi

I am trying to use the Netduma for Warzone. I set my filter to the East coast of America and i dont seem to be getting into american lobbies? It keeps pinging a server in Europe? Ive tried resetting the router, ive tried selecting PC only, No matter where i set my location it just doesnt work? any help?

Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.23 - 16.31.16.85 (2).png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You're not on the latest firmware so I'd suggest upgrading to the latest here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/td-p/2014592/jump-to/first-unread-message then doing a factory reset.

For PC, remove the device from the Geo-Filter then in the Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type, then re-add it to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option. Also have Ping Assist set to 0. Make sure that you set everything before you boot up the game/console and it should force the servers you want.

I did some tests and got the following for Warzone

EastCoast US
Filtering Mode On
Nat Type : Moderate

Cant get into game 

EastCoast US
Filtering Mode Off
Nat Type Moderate

Puts me into local lobby

Why does filtering mode effect it so much?

Is there a way to show where each server is because when I ping the warzone servers the one in Italy doesn’t show until I actually set Italy on the gel filter and go into the game and search for a match, once it puts me in one only then does it show the server on the geofilter

• Administrators
7 hours ago, PMoney21 said:

Is there a way to show where each server is because when I ping the warzone servers the one in Italy doesn’t show until I actually set Italy on the gel filter and go into the game and search for a match, once it puts me in one only then does it show the server on the geofilter

That's precisely what Ping Heatmap is for - to ping all the servers of a game but yes it won't appear until you're actually searching for a game.

Here’s the thing , I search for a game in Italy and the server doesn’t appear until it actually puts me in a game , I do the same for turkey but it doesn’t put me in a game because there’s no server? Ping heat map doesn’t show these places to have servers or not so how do we know which countries have servers and which don’t 

• Administrators

If it's not appearing we'll be updating heatmap soon. In the EU the countries which have servers to the best of my knowledge is UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands. If you boot up the game, look at the Geo-Filter and it will ping all the servers and show you where they are on the map.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, PMoney21 said:

I’ll show a screenshot of what pops up soon, but I have another issue , when I use the netduma , I can’t seem to connect to discord calls?

When you join Discord have a look at the Geo-Filter map, there will be something that gets blocked. Add them to your allow list and then it will work while in filtering mode.

Here is the screenshot. When searching for a game in Warzone, as you can see ive set the location to italy. Whilst the game tries to search for a match the server appears in a complete different country as shown in the map, however when it eventually puts me in a game a server appears and only appears once im in? 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.24 - 20.39.28.77 (2).png

• Administrators

The server icon with the white circle is required for authentication so that won't affect your game ping. It looks like you've allowed that server which is why you've connected to it. I believe the Italy server is only joinable under certain circumstances such as during peak times or when other servers are under load so you may not always be able to force it.