XR500 Party chat failing on PS5

In the last 2 day I am unable to stay in a party chat on PS5. Either with filtering on or off, all members within the party on my list, I get network or nat issue then the PSs kicks me out of the party. I also think the geofilter isnt working as it is no longer showing servers when i load into a gamer.

The version is     XR500 V2.3.2.66

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Ross

PS5 or PS5 players. No pc or xbox as they cant get into the PS Party. 

I have an XR500 wired with port forwarding for the ps4 ports. I have used these ports for an open nat on ps4 and cod on the r1 and XR500 for 4 years. I have a type 2 NAT on PS5 and an open NAT in game (Cold war)

Thios has been working for at least 2 years (PS4) and since PS5 launch. Suddenly I now get booted from parties after 2 mins or I can hear people due to NAT error. I dont beleive I updated the firmware recently but it could have happen automatically. 

Thanks

Ross

• Administrators

Try upgrading to the beta, then doing a factory reset and see if you still see the same issue please:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Shouldn't be blocking anything as it is with the Geo-Filter disabled and an open NAT so definitely something odd going on there. How is the console connected via ethernet or WiFi? Does it make a difference the way you connect it?

• Administrators

It's happened because the device added has been removed, it either needs to be added back or a factory reset done. Doesn't look like you've done a factory reset though so please do that first because otherwise old low level code from the previous versions could cause issues.

So I completed the factory reset and after configering everything I started to play some games. I had added 2 people to my allow list. One person was i nthe part y and I was playing a game with the filter on for the whole of the UK. As soon as person 2 joined the PS5 party I  got booted out of party due to NAT issues. When I rejoined the party, I could not hear the 2 that were in already (both of these on my accepted list).

I kept trying but the only way I could get this to work was to turn off filtering and join the party again. Is this how this should work?

Capture.JPG

From my experience, you usually get a couple of servers pop-up as blocked when you join a PS party, they show as being in north California. I'd suggest zooming all the way out and checking here when you join a party. Then add that server to your allow list and see if that works!

• Administrators

Follow these steps please:

1. Completely quit the game to the console dashboard
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Then see if you can see icons and if you're able to hear your friends.