not sure if my r2 is working properly, new user.

kashimkyo

hello,

i just setup my netduma r2, honestly, i don't what im doing, i followed the guides u guys have and looked through some threads in this section. i don't think my r2 is working properly, can you guy please help me out!

isp- rogers

isp- modem - arris xb6 

cables- 2x cat 8(from amazon)

-my isp modem is not bridge mode, i put my r2 into my isp modems dmz(added a ss on how i did it, i only entered stuff in the ipv4 field. i attempted to draw an arrow to show where), and gave it a reserved ip(went to connected devices on my isp modem and clicked the reserved ip box)

- i put my ps5 into dmz in netduma settings.    (should i set my ps5 to have a reserved ip though the r2 settings)?

issues i am having:

-my ipv6 is not working( added 2 screenshots of ipv6 test, working one is with no netduma r2 hooked up, the not working test is with the r2)

-my benchmark test results are very inconsistent (test 1 shows 100 mb download, test 2 to will show 600, but the 2nd test is done right after the first one.)

-using the option where i set my home and set a range. my geo filter choses a server with 30ms but in game i get 50-70. (i added my ps5 , selected manual, and selected call of duty from the box that says profile )

-i also tried the whole ping assist thing, were i set my home in the ocean and set the range to 0 but set my ping to 30, i get the same result, geo filter will chose a server with 20-30ms and i get 50-70 ingame.

i took a bunch of screenshots of everything, i hope its not to much, figured it save time. im very new to all this, i tried my best to do it alone but i have been failing for 2 days :(.

qos ul dis.png

qos dl dis.png

cod_ping.jpg

geo_host.png

geo_map.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 8.31.27 PM.png

isp ipv6 test.png

duma ipv6 test.png

qos traffic pri.png

log3.png

log4.png

logs1.png

logs2.png

device manager.png

6 hours ago, kashimkyo said:

i put my ps5 into dmz in netduma settings.    (should i set my ps5 to have a reserved ip though the r2 settings)?

issues i am having:

-my ipv6 is not working( added 2 screenshots of ipv6 test, working one is with no netduma r2 hooked up, the not working test is with the r2)

-my benchmark test results are very inconsistent (test 1 shows 100 mb download, test 2 to will show 600, but the 2nd test is done right after the first one.)

-using the option where i set my home and set a range. my geo filter choses a server with 30ms but in game i get 50-70. (i added my ps5 , selected manual, and selected call of duty from the box that says profile )

-i also tried the whole ping assist thing, were i set my home in the ocean and set the range to 0 but set my ping to 30, i get the same result, geo filter will chose a server with 20-30ms and i get 50-70 ingame.

i took a bunch of screenshots of everything, i hope its not to much, figured it save time. im very new to all this, i tried my best to do it alone but i have been failing for 2 days :(.

Yes, it is best to have an IP reserved for the ps5 so that it always gets the same IP and that it matches that of the DMZ

regarding the problems of ipv6 and inconsistency of the test, if I upgrade its R2 to the latest version advise you to do a factory reset, if the R2 already have that version when acquired also test to make a restart factory to see if this solves your problem.

With the Geo filter, you should not worry, it is working correctly if you mark those ping to the servers on your R2, what happens is that the game always adds more ping than the router marks it, this is something of the game and call ping offset, but if the ping on your R2 is 20-30ms, that is it is working properly

a greeting!

ok i will change my ps5 ip to reserved through the dumaos network settings.

i actually did do a firmware update 3.0.179 and also did a factory reset( i did this by going through the options on top left drop down menu) . i cant seem to factory reset doing that whole 30/30/30 thing with the reset button in the back.

and uh how do i force a server? with polygon mode? 

also i turn my ps5 on with  filtering mode, auto ping, and  strict mode off, and once i am in the warzone lobby i turn  the mentioned  options on. is this the correct way to do it?

thank you both for your replies

24 minutes ago, kashimkyo said:

ok i will change my ps5 ip to reserved through the dumaos network settings.

i actually did do a firmware update 3.0.179 and also did a factory reset( i did this by going through the options on top left drop down menu) . i cant seem to factory reset doing that whole 30/30/30 thing with the reset button in the back.

and uh how do i force a server? with polygon mode? 

also i turn my ps5 on with  filtering mode, auto ping, and  strict mode off, and once i am in the warzone lobby i turn  the mentioned  options on. is this the correct way to do it?

thank you both for your replies

To force a server, either place the circle on the server you want to force and make it small so that only that server covers it, or you can use the polygon mode by drawing a polygon on that server.

The correct way is to first configure the geofilter and have the strict mode activated, then start the game from the beginning. If you start the game without having the strict mode activated, then the game will load all the servers and you will not be able to force the server you want, as I told you, when you start the game it will only load those servers that are inside the circle or the polygon and that you want to force.

A greeting!

ok got the forcing server part, ty!

so i should start the game with strict mode activated, what about auto ping host and the filtering mode. i am assuming by configure, u mean chose my home/range+strict mode or setting my polygon circles + strict mode.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Keep filtering mode, strict mode and auto ping enabled before you boot up the game/console. Yes that's what he is referring to by configuration. The in game ping shows processing delay etc, all games have it, not all choose to show it but CoD does. Therefore the ping will always appear higher there, just remember the ping on the Geo-Filter is the ping you can influence. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, kashimkyo said:

seems like everything is working :), no more 80-100 ping!!!! thank you guys for your help.

Great to hear that, you're very welcome! As the issue is resolved I'll close the topic. Feel free to open another if you have any other questions/issues and we'll be happy to help.