how to set my ps4 on nat type 1 using netduma r2 ?

Rashross

On 1/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, Rashross said:

can someone plz help me i play fifa 21 on ps4 i have most of the time delay so u got netduma r2 still have delay i read that i need to get nat type 1 to solve the delay is this true and how do i get it @Netduma Fraser

Doesn't matter what you do mate the issue is EA I have tried and failed for many years. EA need to implement new servers. they can't deal with the amount of traffic on them. They won't spend the money to do it either.

3 hours ago, sytch4u said:

Doesn't matter what you do mate the issue is EA I have tried and failed for many years. EA need to implement new servers. they can't deal with the amount of traffic on them. They won't spend the money to do it either.

there must be a way bro look at pro players like stockes he got 2700 skillrating and his gameplay looks really smooth i got 2200 skillrating one day i win al the games next day i lose everything and im really good at the game but i feel the delay is holding me down 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have NAT Type 2? What is your ping as shown by the Geo-Filter? Are you using QoS?

yes i have nat type 2 and my ping on ps4 fifa 21 is around 20 sometimes 14 max 30 ping i have cable internet ziggo 260 download 40 upload i did all the port forwarding for ps4 and for fifa 21 and have upnp off and dmz off and qos set on 70 donwload 70 upload prioritize my ps4 i send some images maybe i did something wrong i did 2 benchmark tests with the same settings hope you can help me iam from holland amsterdam i leave near the ea servers and still bad gameplay i feel that everybody i play against have better gameplay im on d1 2000skillrating and stop at 14 wins in weekend league it feels like im stuck in mud i have one of the best monitors benq XL2546 . p.s when im on my pc watching twitch and try to play fifa it become way worst and i try to stream on twitch when im live i cant win 1 game haha so i know i did something wrong.. thnx for your time really appreciate it

qos 1.png

qos 2.png

benchmark.png

benchmark 2.png

Your benchmarks look pretty good, you could maybe get it a bit better by playing with the sliders in Congestion control but it's already looking good.

Type 2 NAT is fine, that's nothing to worry about.

Could you share a screenshot of your Geo-filter too?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Your benchmarks look pretty good, you could maybe get it a bit better by playing with the sliders in Congestion control but it's already looking good.

Type 2 NAT is fine, that's nothing to worry about.

Could you share a screenshot of your Geo-filter too?

geo.png

• Administrators

I'd say that actually your Ping Under Load results are quite jittery and spiky, I'd recommend you experiment more with the percentages on Congestion Control using Always to see what can bring those values down closer to the Ping Test.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd say that actually your Ping Under Load results are quite jittery and spiky, I'd recommend you experiment more with the percentages on Congestion Control using Always to see what can bring those values down closer to the Ping Test.

is this better ?

qos 3.png

bench 3.png

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's definitely better but its still jittery, are you able to fine tune it more? 

what exactly should i look at? and everything has to be switched off? such as my mediabox and tv and youtube?

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No you can keep it all on that is fine. You want the graph to be as smooth as possible - you have some jitter on your baseline but as close to the Ping Test as possible would be best.

i did open all the ports on the netduma for the ps4 and for fifa but 1 day later the ports are closed i check on yougetsignal.com if my port forwording is working and they are closed how is this possible ? do i have to disable the firewall? and where is the firewall settings on the duma r2 or is there another solution

• Administrators

They're forwarded to the console so checking it using that website wouldn't work. There is no firewall options for you to disable it on the router. If you've forward them then they will be open. Have you managed to optimize ping under load anymore?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're forwarded to the console so checking it using that website wouldn't work. There is no firewall options for you to disable it on the router. If you've forward them then they will be open. Have you managed to optimize ping under load anymore?

thnx im working on it to get it better.. what is better to do port forwarding or dmz ? and upnp is better to leave that off right?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rashross said:

thnx im working on it to get it better.. what is better to do port forwarding or dmz ? and upnp is better to leave that off right?

DMZ is definitely the easier method but port forwarding would be better to specify the ports. Try both! Generally you can leave UPnP enabled, with other methods like DMZ and port forwarding you should disable it as it could cause port conflicts but in reality I haven't seen this happen so would be fine to have it enabled.