Traffic Priority issue xr300 dumaos

Hi all,

This is a strange one that I can't get my head around. My setup is PS4 wired direct to xr300 with QOS on with 70% + 70% on the sliders , PS4 selected as the device. My issue I am having is despite all this whenever my wife flicks through videos on Instagram (specifically), I get a noticeable lag spike. Currently FIFA mostly and the indicator for a drop in connection will flash red each time she hits the app. Any advise welcomed as to why and what am I missing? It's a perfect way to get me off the console for her haha 

• Administrators

Haha well lets see if we can change that! Could you let me know your exact physical setup please? I.e. what is the XR connected to - a modem or modem/router? What is the model of that modem/router? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

Hi. I have a TP Link TD-W9970 in modem only mode. The xr300 is then connected to it. All devices are connected to the xr rather than the other router. If it helps I also recently tried a Netgear gaming router using the Merlin firmware and again the same problem. This router didn't require a mode. I was just trying to strike parts off to help 

• 4 weeks later...

I've put in 40down and 8 up with goodput ticked on. Both sliders are on at 70% making it 28down and 5.6up. I also did a uotrace for ea as I get a packet loss indicator in game. You may understand the results better than me so I will attach these

16128041189658896769524386359685.jpg

IMG_20210208_144014.jpg

There's a couple hops on that trace showing 100% packet loss which is concerning, though they may just be anomalies as you're still getting a response.

Out of interest, does the DumaOS classified games rule detect high priority traffic when your wife uses Instagram? It shouldn't do, but worth double checking...

Perhaps try allocating more bandwidth to your PS4 in bandwidth allocation and turn off Share Excess from the three line menu, then give that a test.

Another thing you could do if you haven't already is configure Geo-filter to ensure you're getting connected to the best server possible for FIFA 21, let us know if you need any assistance with this!

Just done a test with her and it doesn't thankfully. The bandwidth distribution looks to be a solution but with so many devices registered it makes other devices on dial up. I have the geo filter as around the UK with a ping assist at 15ms with strict mode. Is this suitable? My PS4 is added as on filtering mode . Thanks for your quick response earlier 

14 hours ago, SharpeDan said:

Just done a test with her and it doesn't thankfully. The bandwidth distribution looks to be a solution but with so many devices registered it makes other devices on dial up. I have the geo filter as around the UK with a ping assist at 15ms with strict mode. Is this suitable? My PS4 is added as on filtering mode . Thanks for your quick response earlier 

Geo-filter sounds like it's setup great!

OK so allocating more bandwidth seems to solve the issue? If so, just keep share excess bandwidth enabled and other devices should still have ample bandwidth, they just might be a bit limited when you're playing PS4!