warzone is not changing my geographical region.

Dame

I dont think in game region will change or update to whatever region you place your home marker on, an easy way I learnt is to check your ms ping or check the kind of names you see in the lobby plus Geo filter show give an indication too.

7 hours ago, Dame said:

I selected a different region for me to play in, but on warzone it will not change, how do I go about this ? I have netduma r2

image.jpg

image.jpg

It seems to me that some of you are being fooled by the region changes and the bot lobbies.
To begin with, if you are from the US, you won't be able to play in Europe so easily.
First; If you are a console, when you create your account it is linked to the region in which you live, or although you are a PC in battlenet, your region will be configured for the area you live in, with which it will always search for games in the region you are You are linked, no matter how much you put the geofilter in Europe, you will never find games.

Second; It seems illogical to me that living in California you want to play in Europe doubling your normal ping, practically you are going to play with 120ms of ping and your games are not going to be playable.

Third; The only viable way to change region is either by changing the region of your account or by using a VPN which the game will decide that you are in Europe and then only then could you search for games in that region, in any other way it is currently impossible do it (in previous COD it was not like that, today YES)

Really stop believing everything you see online, stop trying to get lobbies of bots because it is not how they tell you or what they say.

• Administrators

The region is based upon your IP address as they look this up to get your approximate location. The Geo-Filter can't and won't change your IP address, that doesn't mean it can't force servers though. Forcing a server so deep in the EU will be difficult and will result in a higher ping as above. Better to force more local servers for a better ping.

57 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

It seems to me that some of you are being fooled by the region changes and the bot lobbies.
To begin with, if you are from the US, you won't be able to play in Europe so easily.
First; If you are a console, when you create your account it is linked to the region in which you live, or although you are a PC in battlenet, your region will be configured for the area you live in, with which it will always search for games in the region you are You are linked, no matter how much you put the geofilter in Europe, you will never find games.

Second; It seems illogical to me that living in California you want to play in Europe doubling your normal ping, practically you are going to play with 120ms of ping and your games are not going to be playable.

Third; The only viable way to change region is either by changing the region of your account or by using a VPN which the game will decide that you are in Europe and then only then could you search for games in that region, in any other way it is currently impossible do it (in previous COD it was not like that, today YES)

Really stop believing everything you see online, stop trying to get lobbies of bots because it is not how they tell you or what they say.

I have done this alot, I have played in other regions lobby. Finding lobbies in the US is easy, other regions takes time but eventually I find a game. So yes its possible to change 

Here is proof, I'm located in the UK and move my home pointer on I played all day in Ghana Lobby just for fun. I found easy players to play against, I played all day even made a new friend and yes throttled my internet hit detection was Crips. Gameplay https://streamable.com/8em5t5  Although it took forever but was worth the wait.

18 hours ago, Seye said:

Here is proof, I'm located in the UK and move my home pointer on I played all day in Ghana Lobby just for fun. I found easy players to play against, I played all day even made a new friend and yes throttled my internet hit detection was Crips. Gameplay https://streamable.com/8em5t5  Although it took forever but was worth the wait.

I'm struggling with this cab you post a screenshot of your geo filter settings? Mine just won't find a game 

1 hour ago, Lewisprotips said:

I'm struggling with this cab you post a screenshot of your geo filter settings? Mine just won't find a game 

I would suggest factory reset on your router and follow through the guide on here 

Its worth noting, each time you change location or make changes you will need to wait atleast two minutes or restart your console.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Seye said:

Hey Seye, 

I am new to netduma - I was just wondering, did you have to activate a VPN to play in Ghana? or were you able to do this without a VPN

And how long did it take to find a match?

On 2/25/2021 at 3:36 PM, JamesFPS said:

Hey Seye, 

I am new to netduma - I was just wondering, did you have to activate a VPN to play in Ghana? or were you able to do this without a VPN

And how long did it take to find a match?

No I dont use VPN,  placed my home location pointer on south africa took me about 5 to 7mins to find a lobby other times its longer.

15 hours ago, Seye said:

No I dont use VPN,  placed my home location pointer on south africa took me about 5 to 7mins to find a lobby other times its longer.

Thanks for this. Out of interest what was your ping? 

I also played South Africa a few times. I don't have a netduma router, but instead using different vpns. My ping is always around the 200 mark - but it's still playable at that ping and easier than UK lobbies. Takes me less than 7 mins to find a game, usually 3 mins depending on time of day 

3 hours ago, JamesFPS said:

Thanks for this. Out of interest what was your ping? 

I also played South Africa a few times. I don't have a netduma router, but instead using different vpns. My ping is always around the 200 mark - but it's still playable at that ping and easier than UK lobbies. Takes me less than 7 mins to find a game, usually 3 mins depending on time of day 

I dont take note of ping to be honest, most times I play on USA lobbies when UK lobbies are sweaty most times ping is over 200 but doesnt affect me in terms of lag which I find strange.