Geo-Filter not able to access cloud

Hi guys/gals,

I purchased an XR1000 nighthawk router this evening, set it up, and have all functions of the 3.0 working except that the geo-filter application gives me the following error in bold lettering, and gives me random error codes if I try to click anywhere on the map.

Error Code: THE GEO-FILTER WAS NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THE CLOUD. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS, CONTACT SUPPORT.

I called netgear level 2 support and we reverted the firmware back to the previous version,  with no success. We did multiple hard resets afterwards on the router. Rep stated he would have to escalte to engineering. 

Just wondering is it likely I have a bad router or some setting I need to adjust?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. The only time I've seen this issue is when someone has connected the router with the router LAN port going to the ISP modem/router LAN port, instead of WAN/internet on the XR to LAN. Have you done this by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
29 minutes ago, Lamonsta said:

I purchased this router today and I am having the same exact issue. I have the xr1000 connected to the internet port to an xfinity Xfi 

So LAN port on Xfi to XR Internet port? Are you on the latest firmware?

Yes I’m on latest firmware. Yes I believe so. I have the ethernet cord coming out of the Internet port on the Xr to one of the four ports on the back of the Xfi. I tried switching to a different port on the Xfi and got same error message. 

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, AlphonTheDonTTV said:

I'm having the same problem, how does one "flush the cloud"? :)

Welcome to the forum! 

In Geo-filter - Click the three-line menu in the top left of the map and you'll find the "Re-sync cloud" button there.

• 10 months later...

Hello, I’ve done these things but I cannot access the Geo Filter I still keep getting the error message “ THE GEO-FILTER NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THE CLOUD. The 3 lines on the left side aren’t able to be clicked due to this error message. Thank you 

9E09A126-8C48-4297-B764-F42836D178EC.jpeg

• Administrators

You will have to close the tutorial window before you can click on the menu to resync, part of the issue maybe you're using a console/TV web browser which isn't best suited. If you can use a PC it will likely work better

• 5 months later...

Is there a fix for this? I used the browser on my pc, cleared cache and cookies, tried incognito mode. Reset router, reinstalled FW. Set up router from scratch and cloud still won't sync and I can't even move my geo location home. 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You will have to close the tutorial window before you can click on the menu to resync, part of the issue maybe you're using a console/TV web browser which isn't best suited. If you can use a PC it will likely work better

See above

Can you please try going to the three-line menu in the top-left of the Geo-filter map, click Resync Cloud, then go to System information after a couple of minutes and scroll down the Logs. Here, click the menu in the top left of the Logs panel and download the log file. If you could then send that over to us we might be able to see where it's going wrong.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:47 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Can you please try going to the three-line menu in the top-left of the Geo-filter map, click Resync Cloud, then go to System information after a couple of minutes and scroll down the Logs. Here, click the menu in the top left of the Logs panel and download the log file. If you could then send that over to us we might be able to see where it's going wrong.

Get two errors. "missing JSON response and this error when trying to move my geo location to my proper state (AZ), "RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec '//usr/bin/geoip -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2 -h -a "33" -l "-110"' failed with 1"

See attached log file, thx!

log-1666093308624.txt

• Administrators
2 hours ago, XSXS said:

Get two errors. "missing JSON response and this error when trying to move my geo location to my proper state (AZ), "RPC error 'ERROR_CMDFAIL': Exec '//usr/bin/geoip -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2 -h -a "33" -l "-110"' failed with 1"

See attached log file, thx!

log-1666093308624.txt 138.22 kB · 0 downloads

What web browser are you using to access the interface? What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that up to ensure an Open NAT for devices connected to the XR - modem mode, DMZ etc?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What web browser are you using to access the interface? What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that up to ensure an Open NAT for devices connected to the XR - modem mode, DMZ etc?

Tried them all but usually use Chrome on PC. It's connected to fiber ONT. 

Ppoe with vlan tagging, I used upnp with Nat set to open. 

I do not use DMZ. It worked with no issues until it locked u up and needed to rebooted. 

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, do you have another router you could put in front of the XR to handle PPPoE/VLAN? If so then put the XR in that router DMZ and then see if the issues persist after a reboot please.

I'm Sorry I do not have another router to try. 

On 10/18/2022 at 4:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Were there any settings changes, an upgrade, reboot, physical setup change that you can think of prior to the errors occurring? 

None, however I did another factory reset yesterday and now it's working however get missing json fault now when syncing the cloud. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, XSXS said:

None, however I did another factory reset yesterday and now it's working however get missing json fault now when syncing the cloud. 

That's progress! We need to update the cloud so that could be why but also make sure you're not accessing the interface using HTTPS (sound browsers may try to force it) as it can cause that error