Cant get the lobbies I want

Stinky pants

So I recently bought the netduma R2 and I wish I could say I been having a good time with it but that’s not the case at all. I been using it for warzone and it’s like it picks and chooses when it wants to work. I set the location on a server that I want to connect to on the geo filters and it’ll sometimes connect me to it and sometimes it takes like what seems like 20 min to get into a game. And the problem I’m having right now is it keeps connecting to other servers out of the set filter even tho I have it in strict mode which doesn't make sense at all. And other servers far from my set filter pop up when I’m looking for a game that are “allowed servers” or “ping assist servers” and when I deny the servers it doesn’t label them as denied it’s almost as if you did nothing. Just need some help plz

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when you get a game outside your radius please?

Where are you located and what servers are you trying to force?

When you deny a server, you give it a name and click deny. It won't block it immediately as the connection is active, once the connection is severed it will be blocked. There are multiple servers clustered in the same location, so if you block one in one location and get another in the same place it will be a different server.

• Administrators

You'll need to put Ping Assist to 0 and that will prevent any servers outside your radius being allowed. Once you've done that hard turn off the console and wait 2 minutes then boot up and search. You will only see the servers when you're searching for a game and briefly when you boot up the game. The Allowed server is an authentication server require for online play.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Instead of hard turn off the console, exit the game and game client completely, including from the system tray. Then follow everything else

I did everything you said and it just won’t load me into a game :( 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Stinky pants said:

Also i did what you said and it’s still showing this allowed server on the other side of the world for me. Is it supposed to be doing that? 

8 hours ago, Stinky pants said:

I did everything you said and it just won’t load me into a game :(

The allowed server in Europe is a whitelisted server required for online play, if that was blocked you wouldn't be able to even load the lobby. You have a server right in your polygon, there so looks like you got a game within your parameters.

Q1) which is best the recommended mode or the choose manually? 

And it it’s the recommended which call of duty am I pressing the pc only one or the other one? 

Q2) if I’m on pc what device type to I put? I read somthing that it works better if I put                      ”PlayStation” rather then “computer” 

im just seeing if everything is correct because I did what you said I even reset the router and it was working for 1 day and the next day it’s just like impossible to find a game with the same exact settings and it’s just miserable 

82B821D0-BEAE-4D68-A1F5-8140BE88A2CF.jpeg

79E82A32-61CD-4853-911A-3DEA54E29D97.jpeg

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Stinky pants said:

Q1) which is best the recommended mode or the choose manually? 

And it it’s the recommended which call of duty am I pressing the pc only one or the other one? 

Q2) if I’m on pc what device type to I put? I read somthing that it works better if I put                      ”PlayStation” rather then “computer” 

im just seeing if everything is correct because I did what you said I even reset the router and it was working for 1 day and the next day it’s just like impossible to find a game with the same exact settings and it’s just miserable 

I'd suggest changing the Device Type to PlayStation and then when you add it to the Geo-Filter select the manual option and it should filter better then.

11 hours ago, Stinky pants said:

I’ve done eveything you said and it’ll work one day and the next it won’t find a game even if I wait 1hr +... you got any other suggestions? Maybe mine isn’t just working correctly? Idk:/ 

Are you seeing any differences after changing the device type? This is generally a good fix

i have the same problem i have marked brazil cause i live in bolivia and i also have the one he has cause for some reason i get better ping than brazil. i went to the heatmap as well and marked all 3 of them. i had it as pc and i did the changes you guys gave him i set my pc as consol ping assis to 0, reset the game. it shows them in my go map but always and it drives me crazy gets a places that has super bad ping and is not even near what i marked. i have the r1 and it worked fine but the wifi still gave me problems so i got this one the r2 so far i am kind of happy but the not getting the lobby i want and sent me to god knows where it is killing me please help!!!!!!!!   i am not as mad cause i just killed it in warzone if i can get the geo map to work i will be super happy with my new r2

ggggggggggg.jpeg

ggggggggg.jpeg

gggg.jpeg

ping.jpeg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mr8nice said:

i have the same problem i have marked brazil cause i live in bolivia and i also have the one he has cause for some reason i get better ping than brazil. i went to the heatmap as well and marked all 3 of them. i had it as pc and i did the changes you guys gave him i set my pc as consol ping assis to 0, reset the game. it shows them in my go map but always and it drives me crazy gets a places that has super bad ping and is not even near what i marked. i have the r1 and it worked fine but the wifi still gave me problems so i got this one the r2 so far i am kind of happy but the not getting the lobby i want and sent me to god knows where it is killing me please help!!!!!!!!   i am not as mad cause i just killed it in warzone if i can get the geo map to work i will be super happy with my new r2

It doesn't look like it is filtering at all, could you provide a screenshot of the top of the Geo-Filter page please?

also now that it is as a consol it takes way longer to find a game. and remember i have done everything you told stinky pants heheheh*    please hopefully i can get it to work all i need is for the r2 to get me in my lobbies. o ther thAN THAT rocking router it is just like the r1 it rocks *

new2.jpeg

new.jpeg

If I use filter mode on it will never find a game tho. Should I make the area bigger and turn it on? Also like I said I tried what you told the guy above me but I also restart my PC and now I am getting connected to Brazil servers only!!!! I'll keep you guys post it on it after a week of so to give feed back. Stay safe guys !!!!! Keep rocking 

Edited by Mr8nice

On 1/14/2021 at 4:03 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you seeing any differences after changing the device type? This is generally a good fix

No it’s still kinda hot or miss one day it will moderately work and then next day it will take like 3 hours to find a game:/

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Mr8nice said:

If I use filter mode on it will never find a game tho. Should I make the area bigger and turn it on? Also like I said I tried what you told the guy above me but I also restart my PC and now I am getting connected to Brazil servers only!!!! I'll keep you guys post it on it after a week of so to give feed back. Stay safe guys !!!!! Keep rocking 

If you don't use Filtering Mode then you're just letting the game decide. Yes definitely make it bigger, it is way too small.

10 hours ago, Stinky pants said:

No it’s still kinda hot or miss one day it will moderately work and then next day it will take like 3 hours to find a game:/

The purpose of the Geo-Filter isn't to give you games so far away that your ping is increased that much. It also very much depends of the population of the servers at the time you're trying to force them.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you don't use Filtering Mode then you're just letting the game decide. Yes definitely make it bigger, it is way too small.

The purpose of the Geo-Filter isn't to give you games so far away that your ping is increased that much. It also very much depends of the population of the servers at the time you're trying to force them.

But it’s the closest server to me? Any other recommendation?