pc and ps4 warzone

echo one

got a pc and a ps4 im getting constant packet loss whenever the ps4 is on warzone when i am any solutions its not even a case of bandwith as it says neither are using very many so it must be a port thing im guessing ? packet loss is on the pc i have qos and geo filter disabled aswell 

i have sky hub - r2

port 1 i have my pc 

port 2 im going to a netgear switch into rest of the devices i have 2 other ap's that are set behind the dhcp range with a ps4 coming out the end of that all hardwired 

the packet loss is marginal but consistent when both are playing cod i thought it might be to do with port mapping because were both using the same internal port. 

and I noticed call of duty pc on qos is in the uncategorised section  is that right. is there a guide to using pc for cod and r2 qos anywhere i have been looking wasn't sure if YouTube was the best place over the forum 

also im reading from call of duty and its very noticeable  at times so i know its genuine packet loss 

• Administrators

In Traffic Prioritization add your PC with the Games Console service and then it will prioritize the game which should help. Congestion Control will also help. If it's a bad server the Geo-Filter can help you to force one that may play better.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:07 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

In Traffic Prioritization add your PC with the Games Console service and then it will prioritize the game which should help. Congestion Control will also help. If it's a bad server the Geo-Filter can help you to force one that may play better.

hi fraser got the geo filter working and i must say its fantastic worth waiting 1min for the uk only connections. also im having alittle trouble with qos still if there is someone downloading i loose all my speed its like its not taking affect ?

10 hours ago, echo one said:

hi fraser got the geo filter working and i must say its fantastic worth waiting 1min for the uk only connections. also im having alittle trouble with qos still if there is someone downloading i loose all my speed its like its not taking affect ?

Glad to hear Geo-filter is working for you! Could you please provide a screenshot of your QoS page?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Glad to hear Geo-filter is working for you! Could you please provide a screenshot of your QoS page?

image.thumb.png.2a19b6997847f01b31762ed1f4d86082.png

im trying to give a pc cod priority over the other so i dont lag at all 

• Administrators

So if you did a speed test now it would be throttled to 56/14, what do you mean when someone is downloading you lose your speeds, how are you determining that?

Have you set Traffic Prioritization? Are ALL devices connected to the R2?

all devices on r2 and if someone is downloading while i play cod online its still giving me like 15-30% packet loss like it gives them all the bandwidth and yeah I set traffic priority the way you suggested 

must just say again geo filter is awesome  

image.thumb.png.68760baa59aae1698ade2f972cd24807.png 

• Administrators

Okay so based on your Ping Under Load settings you will need to further optimize Congestion Control using Always, experiment with the percentages then do a test, then change, then test etc until you get the upload ping closer to the download ping, then see if you notice an improvement after that.

okay so far so good ive mamaged to get it to be okay. there is one things tho. my cousin is using a ps4 im on pc if we both suing 3074 port at the same time internal port i mean every now an then there is a small amount of lag we tested it its literally when he shoots in game.. is there a way for me to stop his ps4 from using the 3074 port so hes moderate ?

tried port forwarding the port to pc but upnp give it to the ps4 anyway ?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, echo one said:

okay so far so good ive mamaged to get it to be okay. there is one things tho. my cousin is using a ps4 im on pc if we both suing 3074 port at the same time internal port i mean every now an then there is a small amount of lag we tested it its literally when he shoots in game.. is there a way for me to stop his ps4 from using the 3074 port so hes moderate ?

tried port forwarding the port to pc but upnp give it to the ps4 anyway ?

The internal ports will stay the same because that is what is needed for the game. If you port forward the PS4 to use 3074 and the PC to use 3075 that may work - that's actually what CoD advises with multiple devices playing the same game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The internal ports will stay the same because that is what is needed for the game. If you port forward the PS4 to use 3074 and the PC to use 3075 that may work - that's actually what CoD advises with multiple devices playing the same game.

ive tried this fraser and i just get constant packet loss mean while the other person on the ps4 get a perfect connection ? not sure what else to do am i right in thinking its a port problem perhaps other than bandwith ?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do they both get an Open NAT that way? If so then that is something that can probably be resolved by QoS - what are your QoS settings?

yeah they both get open and the ps4 seems always get priority so ill play it will settles always 1-3 packet loss throughtout the whole game its only on cod i have this problem thats what makes me think its the ports cus there is no lag on any other game just when both the ps4 and the pc is on warzone 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you got both platforms added to Traffic Prioritization or just the PS4?

no its the pc thats having the trouble the ps4 is my little cousin ive  only got the pc on Traffic Prioritization 

12 hours ago, echo one said:

no its the pc thats having the trouble the ps4 is my little cousin ive  only got the pc on Traffic Prioritization 

OK, try adding that second rule into Traffic Prioritisation for the PS4 on port 3074 (or 3075 if the PC rule is using 3074)