Geo filter not working for warzone

ND Travis

i recently purchased an r2 router

i have set my radius around my closest server 20ms ping +/- and ping assit on 30 but i am still getting lobbies anywhere from 43ms to 70ms

wondering if im doing something wrong. i have strict mode and auto ping enabled. i am on PC.

hi so i just bought the r2 myself. i was just wondering if i actually set it up correctly. I was just playing around and going to different regions but i saw no spike in my ping in game. It was always at like 17-20 which is good dont get me wrong. However on my heatmap there is a couple under 10 and i tried going to a different country to see it would spike and it did not. Also would my Geographical Region change in game on my warzone account. I am from Chicago and it is always saying im still in that region.

Im happy to get this rolling the right way

Thanks

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ND Travis said:

ingame panel. at start menu it says looking for greater than 43 ping and continues into 90s. actually in game is between 43 and 70.

i assume the in game may not be accurate

1 hour ago, ND Travis said:

this what my geo filter looks like after firmware update...i also cant move my home point to my area or draw in polygon mode. it is stuck over EU

What does the Geo-Filter ping say? Clear your web browser cache/cookies and then it should look better and allow you to use those options.

31 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

hi so i just bought the r2 myself. i was just wondering if i actually set it up correctly. I was just playing around and going to different regions but i saw no spike in my ping in game. It was always at like 17-20 which is good dont get me wrong. However on my heatmap there is a couple under 10 and i tried going to a different country to see it would spike and it did not. Also would my Geographical Region change in game on my warzone account. I am from Chicago and it is always saying im still in that region.

Im happy to get this rolling the right way

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide an entire screenshot of the Geo-Filter page showing what you're seeing when you're in game please?

The region won't change in game as it uses your IP to determine this and the Geo-Filter doesn't change that.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What does the Geo-Filter ping say? Clear your web browser cache/cookies and then it should look better and allow you to use those options.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide an entire screenshot of the Geo-Filter page showing what you're seeing when you're in game please?

The region won't change in game as it uses your IP to determine this and the Geo-Filter doesn't change that.

I am on pc FYI and have a direct ethernet cord from the router to my computer

image.thumb.png.f05b112974d670f676407c73d5a1805b.png

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay remove the device from the Geo-Filter then in the Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type and then re-add it to the Geo-Filter with the manual option and see if it works better then please.

Can i use my xbox one? what do you mean by playstation Device type

• Administrators

You're playing on PC in that screenshot so give it a PlayStation device type (click on the device in the Device Manager then select from the Device Type dropdown), you can give it an Xbox device type but it doesn't matter either way, it just needs to be a console as opposed to a PC.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're playing on PC in that screenshot so give it a PlayStation device type (click on the device in the Device Manager then select from the Device Type dropdown), you can give it an Xbox device type but it doesn't matter either way, it just needs to be a console as opposed to a PC.

got it works.

THANK YOU!!!

Also one more quick question. When you are host for your friends for a game will they get the same ping as you or it will just be relevant to there connection at home.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

got it works.

THANK YOU!!!

Also one more quick question. When you are host for your friends for a game will they get the same ping as you or it will just be relevant to there connection at home.

Great to hear that! Yes that's right, It will be relevant to where the server is compared to your home.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! Yes that's right, It will be relevant to where the server is compared to your home.

sorry for all the questions. I am having problem now with discord. I am getting the RTC connecting no route thing when try to start a voice chat. Is there a setting that needs to be changed for that also?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

sorry for all the questions. I am having problem now with discord. I am getting the RTC connecting no route thing when try to start a voice chat. Is there a setting that needs to be changed for that also?

You likely have the Geo-Filter enabled I imagine so have a look there when Discord is blocked and add whatever appears blocked on the map to your allow list

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

ya i did that and i have nothing coming up on my blocked list.

It won't appear in the allow & deny section - that is for hosts you've manually allowed or blocked in the ping panel. It would appear as a blocked icon on the map.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just now, Swgohlegend said:

If I’m hosting with my mates does the connection get better for all 3-4 players? I feel like my connection is worse when I play with other players. When I play solo my connection is a lot better 

I play mostly rebirth or solo verdansk